Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Morning Sickness

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Out of curiosity: How long did your morning sickness last? I've had mine since about 6 weeks. It's been on and off queasiness until this morning when I threw up for the first time (ugh!). How long does this typically last? What would you suggest for curbing the queasiness? So far I've had to have something in my stomach almost constantly to ease the nausea. Been eating lots of saltines!

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Candied ginger - totally helped me. I had it pretty much until 12 weeks.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    Some are luckier than others as far as relief of symptoms. For most, morning sickness usually declines around 12 weeks.

Ginger, Hard Candies, High Protein Snack before bed, Salty Foods, Sea Bands, Hypnosis, Unisom & Vitb12, Emetrol, Zofran, Meclizine, etc.

Good luck with finding some relief. It is a really sucky thing to have to deal with...believe me...I know!
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Weeks 8-14 for me, then off and on through week 16.

Candied Ginger helped sometimes, not eating something if it didn't sound/appear good at the time, preggie pops (they're sour and worked sometimes), green apple jolly ranchers, and a little diet pepsi.
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Mine lasted 8 weeks, it went from 8 weeks - 16 weeks.
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I didn't have it at all with my first, but with this pregnancy I had it horribly morning to night from 6 weeks until 12-13 weeks. Ugh! Thank goodness that's behind me!
    The only things that remotely helped were eating consistently and not letting myself get hungry. I also found ice water with a little lemon made me feel less nauseated. Hang in there, relief is likely in sight!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I was sick 5-10 times a week till I was 17 weeks, but I threw up once a week (at least) till the day I delivered. *sigh* I too had to keep something in my stomach at all times - I swear I kept a ziplock bag of frosted mini wheats in my hand for 3 months LOL
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    I had it all day every day from 5 weeks to 20 weeks. Nothing helped me and I lost around 15 pounds.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    6wks - 14wks with my daughter
    6wks - 13wks with my son

Fresh ginger (especially the kind found in the fresh ginger salad dressing at sushi restaurants).
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    I have felt sick all day every day so far since 6 weeks (I'm 12 weeks), but only thrown up a handful of times. It does seem like it's "dialing down" now, after dialing WAY up between weeks 9-11, but it's not completely gone, and I seem to be getting headaches now if I don't eat very frequently.

PP have given you great suggestions. I agree with the lemon water, which also helps ease the severe constipation I've had for these same weeks, so that's a bonus. I've sucked on Jolly Ranchers type sour candy at times, drank a little soda or soda water at times, had times where I had to completely avoid really inconvenient things like cooking, riding in the car, or looking at the computer screen. I've resorted to taking Zofran a few times (less than 10), which offers complete relief, but has other side effects (like worsening the constipation). Same with the Unisom/B6 cocktail - it completely helps, but slows down the intestines.
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    mine was on and off from 6 weeks to 8 weeks when it REALLY kicked in and lasted until 14 weeks on meds (if it gets too bad, ask your OB for zofran -- works miracles!)
  • Options
    tnt22tnt22 Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    I had it until 14 weeks. I had to have a full stomach and things like bread, soft pretzels, and crackers helped. I also kept peppermint.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the great ideas! Some really great suggestions there. I've tried the hard candy and that does seem to help for a little while. I feel like I'm eating constantly, even if it's just crackers. lol. A lot of you suggested ginger or candied ginger. I'll have to look into trying that!! Looks like it's going to be a long haul! But at least I feel like I have a "good" symptom!
  • Options
    tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Mines stopped when i stopped taking my prenatals. My last few weeks it returned though. I threw up everything even water taking my pills and threw up nothing when i stopped. Talk to your doc first. Mine told me to stop them then start back towards the mid of 2nd trimester but i never did.
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They put me on some kind of prescription gel. I rub it into my wrists every 6-8 hours as needed. Forget what it's called. Only used it once and it made me REALLY sleeply. A bit worried to take it at work. Been trying to avoid taking any actual medication unless I actually feel the need to throw up! But at least I have it if I need it. Haven't thrown up since that day, thankfully!
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Great suggestions! M/S started for DP yesterday with a massive headache. She was up at 3 am nauseous... We'll definitely try some of these ideas!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I think it's one of those symptoms that just varies so much from woman to woman in terms of intensity and what helps it. I had it from 6-13-ish weeks.
    This sounds terrible but for me, the thing that made me feel the most better was to just throw up.
    Also, not drinking before eating.
    Tiny bottles of ginger ale.
    Zofran.
    The good news is that for me, it disappeared around 12-13 weeks, and for most women who have it, is gone by beginning to middle of 2nd trimester. I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon!!!