Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Hand, foot & mouth

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
So we've had some bad luck these last few weeks - last weekend we all got the stomach flu and had to leave our vacation early, and this week it appears we may be experiencing HFM disease...

Emerson started a new daycare and she typically gets EVERYthing she comes in contact with. So she is on the tail end of HFM. Since she didn't get the rash on her hands, feet, or mouth, I wasn't sure that's what it was (she has it on her diaper area, calves, arms, a little on her face), only a minor fever one day (during stomach flu), and she is fine. But i picked Jack up early from school yesterday and he seems to be getting more of the brunt of it. Anyone have any remedies for the mouth pain on this one? I made the mistake of reading the internet last night and am horrified by the stories, especially of the adults who get it. I'm hoping his case stays mild. He has fevers, aches and pains mostly, no spots yet, but possibly a few on the very back of his throat.
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    L was diagnosed yesterday as well and seems to have the exact same version as E. Dr said she has the "all over body version". She said to make sure to keep up the tylemol/ibuprofen b/c from what the older kids can tell them the head ache is quite bad. Hopefully once he gets the spots he'll be over the worst of it. L is miserable, sorry you are going through this too.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My doctor had us mix up pepto and benedryl (if I recall correctly) to put on the mouth sores, but it was useless. The only thing that worked was popsicles to numb his mouth. I made the mistake of trying baby oragel too...apparently it burns! I hope they recover quickly.