Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What is going on ?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Looks like I am out :( DANG long luteal phase!.... (Note- I have had a luteal phase of 18 days before without being on progesterone)

Guess I am trying again in Sept....

BUT... this cycle was weird b/c my temps are still about .4 degrees ABOVE my coverline AND I did NOT get cramps (which I always always get with AF). They are always so bad that I HAVE to take medicine for them. This time, I didn't have to take ANY medicine for cramps.....

I was taking progesterone 200mg oral at bedtime.

Could higher progesterone levels keep af cramps from happening when I ALWAYS get them every single month since I had af for the first time???

What else would cause them to just not appear this month?
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BohemianBohemian Posts: 224
    edited November -1
    I don't know what to say about your cramps but Fx for September.
    saycheese_zps3309a423.jpg
    My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3615fd
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think progesterone can sometimes delay AF. Changes all of your "usual" hormones. That could be why it took so long for AF to show. Good luck with your next insem!!
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Sorry Precious! Not sure on cramps... Fx for Sept!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    Hey Precious! I am sorry you are out- I hope next month is your month!
    As for the cramps, I was on progesterone suppositories for the last 5-6 months we ttc. They do definitely delay AF!!! I never had my typical AF cramps or PMS on them. I had to stop them to start AF, or I would start spotting and stop them then start a day later. I hope this helps!
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx