Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

We're Home! (life topic and update)

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
After two years away, we're finally back home in Boston! I finished my doctoral internship a week ago and am all but some paperwork finished with my degree. Very soon I'll be Doctor K!
E turned 2 a few weeks ago and had been exploding with growth over the past month. Her language has increased exponentially and she is non stop talk now. She started spontaneously counting to seven on her birthday and now counts everything. She really gets the concept of one and two, but three seems to cover anything that is more than two. She's all about her baby dolls, all day, every day. If she doesn't have a doll with her it's only because she's swimming, in the tub, or at a splash pad. before we moved she had formed an adorable little group of friends at the park and she talks about them all the time. She'll miss them for sure.
In the Fall (next week!) she's going to start a 1-day Waldorf class and hopefully she'll find some friends there. She's due to go to the doc soon, but we think she's 35in tall already and easily more than 30lbs. She's tall and solid! At Sesame Place she was almost tall enough for the 36in rides and appeared the same size as the 3-3 1/2 year olds!
She's very outgoing and social and it's so much fun to see how her little mind works. The other day she took H's shoes to Sesame Place! She carried her shoes off and said "rookie monter house" which is what she calls SEsame Place. Then she spun around in circles with the shoes, took them down a "slide" that she made up in the yard, and "splashed" them in the water (not really water). It was completely her idea and so funny!
Anyway, thanks for letting me gush!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Congrats on all of that Dr!

E is definitely bigger than K who will be 4 on 12/1 and probably just about the same height. Kind of made me miss that fun age with your post!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything is going well with you and with E. Things seem to be going in exactly the direction you'd like them to.

So what is your next step professionally? I'm curious.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Dr. K!!! Such an awesome accomplishment. It sounds like E is doing very well too!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg