Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

vitamins and supplements

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
What do you take and why? How often and/or how much?

What about your kid (s)?
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I still give Shiloh the liquid vitamins. At some point I'll see if she likes the chewables. I don't know if they help but they don't hurt.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take a prenatal (because they seem to be a "complete" vitamin and there is a pharmacy here where they are FREE). My boys do not take anything but I feel they eat a well rounded diet full of most vitamins while I do not. During the winter (cold flu season) I will probably change that for the boys but not sure yet what I want them to take.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited September 2012
    E takes bluebonnet chewable vitamins. I take MegaFood whole food B complex for anemia and H takes Rainbow light vegetarian prenatals. We all take a chewable Vit C, Es is the same brand as her vitamins, and ours is vegetarian... Hmmm, I'll look up the brand later. Someone we know swears by Whole Food vitamins, not the store brand, but vitamins that are made out of food and closer to natural, for greater bioavailability. Dunno how I really feel about this, but if I'm going to take a vitamin I may as well take what seems to be a good one. Also, H absolutely refuses to take non-vegetarian ones as she gets grossed out by the idea in general.

We don't take them everyday, just when we remember.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited September 2012
    Me .....
    Centrum - daily - just seems like the healthy thing to do
    Algal DHA - daily - essential omega for my kids' brain development (I'll probably scale back to every other day once I'm done nursing)
    Calcium with/D - every other day - osteoporosis runs in my family
    Fresh OJ for Vit C - daily - 3-4 oz

Lilianna .....
    Flinstones chewable - 3-4 times per week - fills in the gaps of her imperfect diet
    Fresh OJ for Vit C - daily - 1-2 oz
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Prenatal One
    Nordic Naturals Pro DHA
    NOW Vitamin D-3 5,000 iu

Nothing for Olivia
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I have been on the same vitamin regimen since having Finn. The midwives in the hospital I delivered recommended them for me. And honestly, If I miss a few days in a row (which has only happened a few times) I definitely notice a difference. Pretty crazy, actually.

I take the rainbow prenatal (1/day), Nordic naturals ultimate omega (2/day), NOW vitamin D-3 7,000 (I take one 2,000 and one 5,000). When my iron levels are low I take the Floridix liquid (I follow the dosage on the bottle).

Nothing for Finn yet.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Rainbow prenatal (1/day) since before I got pregnant with Sebastian. Vit D 5,000 iu daily. Vit C chewables when I remember...helps with my allergies.

Sebastian takes nothing thus far.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    Hmm I take none and I really should. I'll be watching this to see what a good kind is. What about for formula fed babies?
  • Options
    njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited September 2012
    I still take Rainbow Light Prenatal. I started to lose hair after giving birth and my OB said that I should keep on taking my prenatal vitamins. So I do now, and I hope it will help prevent more future hair loss, who knows. :(
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Son take multi vitamin and an omega 3 vitamin
    I take a RX dose of vitamin D 50,000 units. ( I feel so much better on it) it has been 3 weeks.
    No multivitamin right now because dr wants me to wait to see id my D levels come up and the Multivitamin has extra D she doesn't want me to have.
    It is ok. We are almost vegan around here, we get plenty of vitamins
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I take either a women's one a day or a prenatal (depending on when I remember - I have prenatal at work LOL)

my DS takes a gummy vitamin for omega-3 and a multi vitamin (flintstones or a gummy). he eats well, but I feel better with him getting a little boost.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png