Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

constipation in a 3 year old

TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
My daughter just called me. My 3 year old granddaughter hasn't had a bowel movement since Sunday. She is complaining her belly hurts and lays down on the couch next to my daughter and says "mommy rub my tummy it hurts". What are natural remedies for this that she could try, besides prune juice?
Thanks
IGXwm4.png
I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited September 2012
    Increase fiber in her diet...apples, kiwi, cucumber, a high fiber cereal or cereal bar, spinach, celery, etc. Sebastian eats these things regularly and we have never had constipation issues. Also make sure she cuts out sugar until the problem improves. Water, water, and more water...no juice.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you mommylove!!
    IGXwm4.png
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    lots of water! and "the P's" - pears, peaches, prunes (my son calls them big raisins!), peas... those all seem to work well :)

but I agree - more fiber less sugar. I make fiber one muffins all the time (the apple ones are delish) and my son will have them for breakfast :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree with the apples and water...but it takes until morning with my kids.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well she had some apples and peaches and a bunch of water. Also a bowl of multi grain cheerios and she pooped. Mommy said it was the worst poop she has seen in a long time and is very thankful she is potty trained. Thanks for the suggestions.
    IGXwm4.png