Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

screaming!!!!

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Anyone else have a screamer? I am just about at my wits end with L. She is almost 18 months and only says a handful of words and has a handful of signs. Her response to just about everything that doesn't go her way is a non stop ear piercing scream. Most of the time, I can help her with the source of frustration like not being able to get her shoes on and off etc. but where I am at a total loss is in the car! The poor thing has to be in the car A LOT with carpools, errands and activities. I've eliminated any sources of frustration that I can (don't put her in the car with shoes on). The problem is she just screams in general in the car. A LOT! I try to limit having to drag her around whenever possible but that isn't much. She will start in a Mom's Day Out it 2 weeks (thank you!) and I know it will help a lot as she won't have to do the midday carpool but other than that I am at a loss as to what to do to get past this phase! I've never had a screamer like this in all my years....
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to my world! E screamed in the car til she was over a year, then picked up again around 18mos... Then stopped for a bit and has now at 25 mos picked it up again. I think she's just so active that anything that holds her back
    Is not what she wants. The only thing we've found to help is to feed her either directly before or during the ride. Liquids are a no no because she'll have an accident.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    That's exactly it - she never stops moving so when she is in the car she is just pissed! I have been trying to make sure her belly is full before we go and that does help sometimes. Feeding her in the car isn't an option with 3 of them and her being young/messy as can be! Does E also scream at other times when she is frutrated or is it just a car thing for her?
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's always been a screamer. She's loud.. But H is loud too, so I assume it's just her trying to keep up with the volume of the house.
    Her newest is "NO, MOMMY, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" quickly followed by "OW! OW! OWWWWWWWW!!!!" Even when you're no where near her. It's. So. Fun.

I'm sorry you have a screamer. It's so exhausting. I feel like we're just starting to come into using logic to try to help the situation. Before now it was all distraction, activity, and soothing as best as possible. I assume it won't last forever... right?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    Oh boy, Shanny, can I relate! Maia is such a screamer- she just loses her little mind sometimes! She is what I would consider to be high maintenance, for sure. I feel for you - it IS exhausting at times!
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Justin used to scream in the car, and now Juliet has started in on it. Usually she's tired or gassy, but sometimes she's just pissed to be confined. She hates when the sun gets in her eyes, and when I pull up her shade to block the sun, so I'm going to switch the car seats to opposite sides. And as awful as it sounds, I'm hooking up her tv extension this weekend so she can watch tv in the car like Justin does. It helps my sanity. A lot.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png