Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Back to the ENT, follow up - failed her hearing test.

annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Maggie went back to the ENT today to follow up the sleep study report. She also had a hearing test. She failed the hearing test - completely (Good news my mo has great hearing, she was in the room with Maggie for the test - lol). So now they want to put ear tubes in, remover tonsils and adenoids. Surgery is scheduled on October 1st. yay! I am not really excited about it because it is going to be horrible for her, but I am glad that things will get better for her. We have to spend at least one night in the hospital, which i am grateful for because I have a feeling that will be the only rest we get for a few weeks - we = her and I.
raF7m7.png
Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
Maggie
PNa0m7.png

Comments

• Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have that hearing test scheduled for Emerson next week. We just got results back from allergy testing and she doesn't have any according to that blood test....blood draw was horrible. Our ent basically said Em doesn't need tubes, As her ears drain fine, and tubes really only he with drainage. Emerson just constantly seems to have a cold, but we are now thinkng we will wait and see if time changes things. Sounds like Maggie really needs this procedure. I hear that tubes is a very simple procedure, but tonsils and adenoids a bit more to it on the recovery side.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Been there with the same surgery doing all three things. You might see her really blossom after the surgery. It will be a rough couple of days but kids bounce back so fast. It was good they caught the problem early. Hang in there mama.
  • Options
    LandTLandT Posts: 293
    edited November -1
    I have heard that after kids have this surgery they are a whole new person. I am sure all will go well and I do agree, get rest while in the hospital!!! We will be thinking of you both.
    Liz and Tracey

3rq6ah5no.png
    Pure Perfection
    DSCN3194_zpsc49185a7-1_zps433dc3a2-1_zpsa063299b.jpg ; IMAG0913_zpsfc579b1f-1_zps0ef25e8e.jpg
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    In case your ENT doesn't tell you this here are 2 very valuable pieces of info 1 - 7 days after surgery will be the worst. You will just start thinking the road is going to be easier but right around 7 days they the scabs come off and the hell starts all over again. It is just really helpful to be prepared for that!
    2 - get whatever meds (and food - ie milk shake, smoothie etc) in her first thing every morning. Do not let her tell you she feels ok and doesn't need it. By 10 am she will be miserable and you have an uphill battle because she won't want to eat and the meds mess with her stomach if she doesn't have something inside of her. For the first few days you will want to wake her in the middle of the night to avoid her waking up in the morning in SEVERE pain. Believe me it is worth it. Don't battle over food - offer ice cream, shakes etc all day long. Worry about nutrition later, just get something in her! It is a horrible 10-14 days but it really sounds like she'll be one of those kids who benefits immensly! Good luck, I bet you can't wait until 10/1.

Fisch - when Emerson is 18 months she can effectively get igg and ige allergy testing. What a lifesaver this was for us. I highly recommend finding a doctor that is familiar with this and start looking in to it now so you are prepared to go ahead as soon as she is old enough. I hope you get some answers as well.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Thanks Shanny, no one has warned me of this. Glad to have the info.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shanny what is igg testing? She was blood tested for allergies and everything came back normal, hearing test normal too.
    age.png

age.png