Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Done trying for #2 starting adoption

babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
We are looking forward to starting the classes in a cple of weeks. 3 yrs of trying has drained us in every way possible. New will be using a state agency called kinship center. Since we have a 7 yr old we decided to save the newborns to the young couples. We are looking for a 2 to 5 years old boy. And yes we will take a girl if it comes with a boy. we just don't want our son to be out numbered. Seeking any advice or good websites to visit. Love my cryo peep advice
connonandray.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No advice, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I wish you the best of luck!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I also wish you the best of luck! My wife and I discuss adoption almost daily as our means to child #3...can't wait for you to be matched with a special little boy or sibling pair. Good luck! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Awww, best of luck to you in your new journey towards a brother for your son!! Hopefully the perfect second son for your family is waiting just around the corner. A wonderful way to expand your family.
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    happycalmhappycalm Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    I'm mostly a lurker and just wanted to chime in that my partner and I are starting classes with Kinship Center in San Luis Obispo at the end of the month! We're super excited. We got tired of ttc and felt like it was time to move in another direction. We're likely going to do foster-adopt rather than their infant adoption program. I'll send you a pm so we can compare notes!
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    Best of luck!!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Since you are NOT looking for a newborn a foster/adopt situation would be great for you. But unless you want your heart broken specifically ask for a foster/adopt situation where parental rights are already terminated...I have had both kinds...where "they say" parental rights will be terminated but were not yet...guess what... after 2 yrs of it a judge let the little girl go home with mom...but if the rights have been terminated you should only have to wait-in our state-a minimum of 6 mo. in which you get paid to keep the child as a foster child--then you can adopt them...everyone of mine came with adoption subsidy and medicaid---don't turn it down with kids every nickel can help make a better life for the child. I will say you might be offered all kinds of children but if it doesn't feel right don't do it...I thought I could save the world and take on anything and ended up giving up everything to parent children who's needs are so great it takes over your entire life! Good Luck to you. It is a wonderful thing you are about to do!
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this is very exciting!
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    May you get all of your wishes fulfilled! The very best to your family.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    No advice just congrats on this next step in your journey! I also want to say that I felt the same way about the newborns :) I love babies, but I would have rather give that kind of new joy to a first time parent. We had thought about adopting if I had not gotten pregnant again and for us we wanted an older child * gasp*. And I wont rule it out in the future. It just makes sense if you have an older child to get one a little younger as you know what to expect at those stages. Good luck and enjoy the ride .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for advice

Happycalm. Yes PM me
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Good luck with the process. I hope you get everything you want out of it.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I've had 2 friends go through the foster-adopt program to grow their families and both are living happily ever after lives now. Hoping for the same for you!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    679bb5a4.jpg

We started classes are are super excited. The big question we are struggling with is adopting one or siblings. Ugh. Don't know what to do until the time is right I guess.
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    Being open to siblings, of course, may make your wait shorter. Just as being open to impairments, minorities, etc, also means a much larger pool of children are available to you. But be very honest with yourself about your capabilities and limitations.

This is something I balked at years ago but in addition to not disrupting birth order, your son is still quite young. I would make sure he is able to defend himself from any child you bring home. I'm not saying this is necessary, it's just something that a lot of moms I've met wish they had given more thought (self included). With a 7-year-old, 3 is probably about the maximum age limit I would accept. I know it's a highly individual/personal decision and I am not suggesting that it can't work out any other way.

I wish you the best of luck during this process. It is, indeed, a very exciting time. Adoption gave me the family I have today and I didn't bring home one newborn - not even close! :)
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck! Try looking at myturnnow.com. I think that most of those kids are already free for adoption.
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Good luck! It can be a hard process, but a rewarding one. I see it in the faces of many foster parents just waiting to adopt the kid they have.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for any advice. I am leaning toward 1 only just for the shear fact that we will be ôut numbered.
    connonandray.jpg