Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Lucky Try #5

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in BFP Database
So after my miscarriage back in April, I've put off "offically" announcing my pregnancy on the BFP boards - just in case. But now that I'm at 11 weeks I feel more self assured that things are doing well and will hopefully continue that way until April of 2013, when I'm due (and beyond!!). I'm 25 and going to be a SMBC. I'm writing this for my own record, as well as others who may be interested.

Try #1 (July 2011) - I didn't ovulate - extremely long cycle.
Try #2 (Sept 2011)- Thought it was a fluke the first time, but the second time I didn't ovulate either. About a 50 day cycle. Never was doctor tested, but assumed it was stress.
Try #3 (Dec 2011) - First time I actually ovulated (yay!), but resulted in BFN
Try #4 - (Feb/Mar 2012) - So excited to announce my BFP at 17DPO, but sadly ended in a miscarriage around 7 weeks.
Try #5 - (July 2012) - BFP that will hopefully continue to stick!! 13DPO!!

This is what I did:

Been using Fertilty Friend to chart my cycles since 2010. I know my cycles very well and can pretty much tell when I'm going to ovulate. Getting to "learn" my body was the best thing I ever did!!

I didn't bother testing with cheap ovulation tests the cycle I got pregnant. They do not work well for me. I Invested soely in Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Tests (smileys), which work great for me! I knew right away when I was going to ovulate!!

I checked other "symptoms". I don't get a lot of change in my cm, but could notice just a slight change and could tell that ovulation would probably happen within a few days for me. Not my most reliable symptom though. Have to go by OPK's to know for sure!!

This cycle I thought for SURE I was going to miss ovulation. I usually ovulate around CD 15-16, sometimes even as late as 17. Never, EVER had I ovulated so late before. At CD 21, the day before my tank was due back, I finally ovulated!! Still thanking God for that!! I got my smiley that morning and knew I would do my insem before the 24 hour mark, which is what I did with my previous pregnancy. I did my two inseminations at the 12 and 18 mark and success!!

What I used:
Preseed
Baby Oral Syringe
Instead Cup
Sperm!

I always wait until I feel some cramping from ovulation. As SOON as I feel those flicker of cramps I'll do an insem. I've done this with both pregnancies and it WORKS! When I do my insem's I use a regular baby oral syringe. I also use the lubricant preseed, which I SWEAR by!! It works great! I let the vials defrost for a few minutes and then pour the vial and the preseed into the syringe. It's difficult to get it in and anything that leaks out I let fall onto the instead cup, underneath it. I smear a little preseed onto the syringe (it's a pretty big one) and then lie on my back with my hips up in the air to do the actual insemination. I'll hang out for a little bit to let it seep in, usually about 5-10 minutes before putting in the instead cup. I put more preseed into the cup too. I was pretty much swimming with preseed. LOL!

I keep my hips up for a good hour to two hours, depending on how long I feel like laying there. I figure the longer the better!! By chance, I've happened to do all of my insem's at night. I think I ovulate closer to the evening, so I just leave the instead cup in all night and take it out in the morning. I repeated those steps 6 hours later, very early the following morning.

I forgot to list symptoms up to my BFP. My most obvious symptom was lots of unusual bloating (feeling sooo full all the time) and gas!! Had those symptoms starting around 6 or 7 DPO. Got my BFP at 13DPO, nice and clear, on FRER!

I'm so happy to announce this pregnancy after trying for a year!! I only hope that things continue to progress well and I'll be on my way to a happy and healthy bouncing baby soon!

Comments

• griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    I'm a SMBC also and will do my first ever home insem next week!! So excited!! Have one vial coming and nervous about the timing. I'm 33. Congrats to you!!
    HbUym5.png