Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Height and weight for a 2 1/2 year old?

annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
How much did you child weigh and how tall were they at 2 1/2? I have been getting comments about how tall Maggie is, she is taller than our 3 year old friend, and a head taller than her cousin who is 2 1/2. Her donor was 5'8'', same as me.
raF7m7.png
Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
Maggie
PNa0m7.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Weights are from 30 months and heights from 29 months, as we didn't check height at 30:

L: 29.6 lb, 36.5"
    S: 30 lb, 35.75"
    J: 29 lb, 36.75"

L is the boy. We get comments about them being tall for their age, also, and they've always been in the 80s on the percentile rank for height.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Oh my Riley will be 2 & a half in a few days. I knew it was coming soon but was thinking a month or so for some reason. I'm not sure his height. I know he is tall but weight is 32, maybe 31. He was at 30 forever! I'm not sure what precent he is now since he is slowly going down but he was 95-100 for a long time! (25lbs at 6-months) I think he is most likely 85-90. Everyone comments that he feels so solid & people are caught off guard when picking him up. I really don't know any 2-year-olds so never see him size wise compared. He is in a play group but the ages range so I have no idea.
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited September 2012
    at 2y5m my DS was 35lbs and 37.5" tall :) I only know that because that's when I turned him FF :)

he's always been tall for his age - even now! the donor was 5'10" and I'm 5'4" (with shoes!)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Not sure of height, but I know weight was 30lbs.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Friendamy - that is where Maggie is right now, 36lbs and 36'' and depending on the scale at the dr. office her weight can vary by 2 pounds. I only know this because we are at the dr. office way, way to much.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Wow my kid is tiny! We were thrilled to celebrate 30 pounds this week and at 2.5 she was just under 33 inches. Happy to say she is 37 now. She'll be 4 on 12/1. I'm 5'2", the donor was 6' but I think it is key to look at the height of women in his family and they were all short as well 5'2"-5'4". All of the women in my family are 5'2" so I'm guess Kate will end up there too!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Justin was 25-27 pounds at 2.5 and a good 3" shorter than his peers, but I don't recall the exact height.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    Well... Zayden was 36 inches and about 36 pounds at his 2 year old check up! He has definitely grown taller since then but hasn't gained weight. (He will be 2 1/2 in a few weeks) He was always destined to be tall and bigger though as I am 5" 10 and his donor is 6"4 and we both have bigger builds. Oh he has been mistaken for a 3 year old before he even turned 2!
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E just passed 33lbs and 36in at 25mos.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys make me want to go in and give my sleeping baby steroid shots or something!

I'm pretty sure she's more in line with the 1-2 year olds versus the 3-4 year olds on this board! I was the same as a kid though so I'm not surprised but when I see the numbers I'm always a little surprised still.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    roses25roses25 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    Do any of you want to share a bit of your kids height and weight with Aiden. :) Shanny, I think Kate and Aiden are very similar in height and weight at the certain ages. I think at 2 1/2 Aiden was right around 33 inches and 24 pounds. Now at 3 yrs. and 4 months he is about 35 inches tall and 26 1/2 pounds.

One of my sister's asked me yesterday if I was going to look into trying growth hormones with Aiden if he doesn't start growing! I was shocked that someone would even think of doing growth hormones on a 3 year old! She told me that I don't want my son to go to kindergarten looking like a 3 year old. But, no I wouldn't consider doing growth hormones on Aiden. He's proportional, and Shanny I would guess that Kate is very proportional too.

My oldest sister has a 2 year old (1 year younger than Aiden) that's at about the same height as Aiden and weights quite a bit more than Aiden. At this child's well child visit they were told that he was overweight because of his bmi. Aiden's BMI shows that he's at a health weight.

Carolyn
    EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
    schm94df60emqyke.png
    lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
    lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Carolyn - maybe we could go halfsies on the growth hormones.

Kids really do come in all shapes and sizes and what is healthy is a huge range! I weighed all of the girls this week. K hit 30 as I said. L at 18 months is 25. A at 4 years 10 months is 42. My niece who is 5 years 9 months is 34! Talk about skinny, she is probably above average in height so super duper skinny!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited November -1
    My girl has never been wee - she came out at 22.5 inches and has always been 97th percentile or above for height, occasionally 99th and over. At 4 she's 43.5 inches and 41 pounds, which is 83rd percentile for weight. She wears clothes about a year ahead, and usually people think she is 5 or 6.

I'm 5'3", her donor was 6'1". I'm hoping she's going to stay this way and break my family curse of short, round women.
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laney is about 28 lbs and about 37 in if not more. She played with a little girl 3 mo younger and was towering over the other girl by about 5 in. I felt like I had an amazon kid. I'm 5'7 & her donor is 6'1. She is always at least in the 85th percentile on height.
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    At 2yo ds1 was 39" tall and over 30lbs. Ds2 was 36.5" tall and closer to 32lbs.

Both are off the charts. Ds1 is 4'1" and 58lbs at 5yo!!

Ds1 gets mistaken for a 7 year old all the time.

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My granddaughter Destiny is 3 yrs 3mos and is 34 inches tall and weighs 26 lbs. My grandson Jayvin is 2 yrs 4 mos old and is 36 inches tall and weighs 35 lbs. Destiny's mom (my daughter) is 4 ft 10 1/2 in. her dad is 6 ft 2 in. Jayvin's mom (my daughter) is 5 ft 3in and his dad is 6 ft. I am short also, 4 ft 11. I guess the girls in our family are just destined to be small. Larissa, who is Destiny's sister, is 7 yrs 4 months and is 44 in tall and weighs 40 lbs.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    jdiana21 wrote:
    How do you guys remember this?? I'm sure if I fished out the baby books I could tell you, but off the top of my head? Your guess is as good as mine!

I put the measurements in a note in my phone every time we see the doctor, so I have easy access. :) I certainly couldn't remember anything off the top of my head!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    lippysauntlippysaunt Posts: 545
    edited September 2012
    I was really big for my age and ended up 5'6". I nanny for a 22 mo old who is the size of a two and a half to three year old and has slightly above average parents and a 2 yr old girl who is 36" and whose birth parents are small, esp her birth mother. Sometimes genetics are a funny thing...it might mean she ends up tall or it might mean she hits her growth spurts early and averages out (like I did.)
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Rhys is still under 2 (22mo), but he's probably around 31-32lbs and about 35" tall. I'm just shy of 5'7" and the donor was 5'11".
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jdiana - we have a heigth chart in her play room I had to go look at to have any clue how tall she was at 2 1/2. And we'd just weighed everyone so I knew that off the top of my head.

We had L's 18 month check up yesterday and sure enough she is the same height at 18 months that Kate was a full year later - even about 1/2 an inch taller.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Boog was 3'3" at 2, and 40ish pounds

Moose was 2'11 at 2 and 45 pounds.

Ivy will be much shorter, I am sure!

Things can change so much. Boog is still very tall for his age, 5'10 at 14, and growing fast. Moosie is now average to her peers, even thought she towered and outweighed them all. Ivys donors son was the shortest little thing I ever had seen till he turned 3, then shot right up.

"Normal is a setting on a washing machine"
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!