Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Results of ultrasounds - another update 10/30

JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
edited October 2012 in Trying to Conceive
I had two ultrasounds today due to the increasing pain I've been in. It looks likely that I have Endometriosis. I have two fibroids in the uterus but they aren't a problem currently. Today is cd 14 and it was clear I was ready to ovulate on the right side. There is good blood flow to the uterus and there didn't seem to be any reason I shouldn't get pg! :) We are testing my hormones and will work to balance those before we try again. It's good to have answers.

Update: My lab work came back a bit surprising. My thyroid levels were HIGH when we expected them to be low. My progestrone was low/normal so I guess the cream has been working. They are still going to put me on some bio-identical progestrone for cd 16-? for a couple of cycles. I'm supposed to take half my dose of thyroid meds for awhile and see what that does. And I'm being referred for a second opinion since I'm still in pain/discomfort almost daily. The OBGYN/surgeron I'm seeing managed to work me in for tomorrow! We are also beginning to wonder if I'm intolerant of fructose. So, I'm starting a FODMAP diet for a few days to see it that helps.

Another update:
Had my appt with the Dr for the second opinion this morning. He did another ultrasound and confirmed that we are on the right track. There's really no reason why I'm not pg. It's likely a combination between food allergies/intolerances and the endo. and pcos causing pain. So we are trying an elimination diet to rule out foods and continuing with metformin and getting a prescription of progestrone. We'll try that for three cycles or so, then move to fertility meds. It's good to have a plan, though it would be better to have more clear options.

Yet another update... :)
My Dr and I figured out that I have a condition that I can't pronounce that means inflammation of the bladder. When I avoid certain foods I feel AWESOME for the first time in a very long time! So, no more tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, strawberries, etc for me. That's ok... I can give up certain things to feel better.
J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    It is great to have some answers so now they can hopefully find some ways to solve the issues! Good luck :)
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you got some answers, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way for this cycle :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the support.
    We were complaining to my mom that we never expected to have this much trouble since it seems like the other women in our family get pg "just from breathing". Mom said "we just breath a lot". LOL :)
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
  • Options
    summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Glad you got some answers.. good luck
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    update at top...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another update...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They don't have any good explanation as to why I haven't gotten pg. The bloating, loose stools, abdominal pain, etc are what they are possibly attributing to the food intolerance.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    JCAlaska wrote:
    They don't have any good explanation as to why I haven't gotten pg. The bloating, loose stools, abdominal pain, etc are what they are possibly attributing to the food intolerance.

Have they looked to see if you have celiac?? Your symptoms so remind me of that. Try staying away from gluten products to see if your pain and loose stools subsides.

Good luck!! Happy that you are starting to get some answers.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    acutemi00acutemi00 Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    i agree with lovingmoms! good luck!
    --- Scanning new moms all day, just wish it would be me ---
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are still narrowing down exactly which foods are causing problems. For the past 4 days I've only eaten: homegrown chicken, quinoa, tomatoes, carrots, celery and cucumbers. I had a reaction to peanut butter and to hershey's chocolate squares. I've eliminated everything else and am adding them back in one at a time to see figure out what is causing the problems. I'm following the FODMAP diet online. I feel pretty good when I stick to the safe things. Still have some lower abdominal discomfort from the possible endom. and/or pcos.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    update at the top
  • Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    It sounds like you are getting somewhere. Feeling good can not be underrated! :D I hope these changes help you to get your BFP.
  • Options
    whoknowsxwhoknowsx Posts: 89
    edited November -1
    Have you ever tried a gluten free diet? I have cut a lot of stuff out of my diet, but i still like to have a sandwich once in a while. I found that the regular breads made me bloated and found that making my own gluten free bread has eliminated bloating. Has eliminating certain foods helped with your bladder lining? I had issues with my bladder over the years and never thought my food choices were affecting the bladder. Thanks for the updates, i am learning new things everyday here. :D I hope you get a bfp very soon as i know waiting for health issues to get into check can be hard sometimes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never would have guessed that my food choices were affecting my bladder either, but now I know. I've been on a gluten free diet for about 2 months now in addition to no dairy and no sugar. But a couple weeks ago I realized what was happening with my bladder and started the inflammation diet (in addition to the other things), and that did the trick. I hope to be able to add certain things back into my diet. The things that seem to effect me the most at this point are tomotoes, potatoes, and strawberries. Other things effect me to lesser degrees.

I share this stuff in hopes that it will help others. It's now looking likely I'm allergic to sperm. Makes me wonder if I'm reacting to whatever he ate. hmmm...
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    So glad you are getting some answers, JC!! Very hopeful that you can move forward now.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Do you do IUIs for insemination? I was told by my doctor that if my body was allergic or killing the sperm due to auto-immune disorders, the best course of action is for IUIs. She said that is the 'treatment protocol.' I'm not really sure why this is, but in this case I took it at face value and chose to believe her. :)
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just learned today that I ought to only be using washed sperm. So, if this cycle doesn't work that's what we will try next time.
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Good luck!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN