Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Please help- urgent question

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi.... I have a question, last night, 10/3, at 10pm I took a smiley test and got a smiley.... It was only cd 8 for me and the earliest I have ever ovulated was cd 12 (getting my first smiley that same day- and that was last month).

HOWEVER< I was very surprised to see a smiley, so I tested again, with the SAME urine about 3 minutes later and got NO smiley....On the test that gave a smiley I ejected the test stick and noticed the blue dye was "smudged" on it... instead of the usual Only two lines of blue dye (control and test line)...

Do I believe I got a smiley or not?

uhhhhh
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't believe it. Sounds like an error to me.
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Agree with Sara. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks saralee and graceinfl...

I guess I have to clarify.... I did see a faint second (test) line in addition to the control line.. but there was a smudge that exsisted sort of on the top half of the window where you see the lines.. so that was on top of the test line... if that makes sense...

does that make a difference/

and on top of this confusion.... my toilet overflowed all over the carpet (not dirty water... ick ..tmi... but the handle got stuck in the down position... I went out and came back an hour later and the carpet was soaked...!!! )

(just venting about that last part.....anyone have any tips on cleaning the water out of the carpet... :) )
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    BohemianBohemian Posts: 224
    edited November -1
    You are not the first to say this. I wouldn't believe it.
    saycheese_zps3309a423.jpg
    My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3615fd
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited October 2012
    The smiley might be real...the reason I say that is that if you try to retest with your cartridge too soon you will get a negative. It does take some time for those cartridges to reset and be able to read a second time. This cycle I am not trying but testing for data...I got a smiley on day 9...didn't believe it...tried to retest with the same urine..negative...opened a second box and used the new cartridge and tested...same urine and I did get another smiley.I would retest this morning and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    old mama- thanks.... I retested this morning at 7:45am and it was negative- no smiley...
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not trust a Smudgie!!!! I only trust the smiley if there are two distinct blue lines. I get Smudgie smileys every cycle and they are errors. Everyone will tell you not to look at the stick, but you should because I believe them not to be accurate unless there are two lines.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • Options
    edited November -1
    update- just retested now at noon and it is still a negative smiley test... and my temp still has not risen either... it was 97.4 this am.... this is my chart so far...

My Ovulation Chart

thanks for your posts... I hate how ttc gives this little challenges to deal with... just enough to keep my on my toes..
    lg2wm5.png