Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

update on us

EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi, everyone! I haven't been around much recently, so I thought I'd pop in with an update. For those of you who remember our last house-hunting catastrophe, you'll understand why I've waited to announce it, but we are officially buying a house! We're past the inspection part that ruined the last transaction, and we're well on our way to closing on November 16th. Someone upstairs was watching out for us because we are in LOVE with this house; with the last one, we liked it well enough but were not head-over-heels like we are this time. It's just beautiful, and, most importantly, it's in our dream school district. :)

Holden is the sweetest, smartest little man in the world! He talks up a storm, adding new words by the day. Off the top of my head, we were floored yesterday afternoon when this happened:

H: Mama!
me: Yes, baby?
H: Pretzel!
me: Okay, honey, you can have a pretzel. Say please!
H: Please! (sounds more like "pass")
R: Now say thank you.
H: Thank you. ("da cue")
and then he added, "Welcome!" just as I was getting ready to say, "You're welcome." Haha!

He listens to everything and always has his own commentary about adult conversations. We were at my friend's house yesterday, and while the adults were discussing how someone had made eggplant for dinner last week, he proudly walked around repeating the word "garden" over and over because his Pap grows eggplant in his garden. :)

The point is that he is more and more fun everyday. He really is. His distinction between Mommy ("money") and Mama ("mama") is adorable, and he has even corrected people who have gotten it wrong. He is running and jumping and climbing, and one of his favorite things in the world to do is spell words. If he hears a word he likes, he'll say "letters" so we can spell, and he can repeat each letter. MY personal favorite is when he says W ("da ba doo").

Anyway, thanks for letting me update! I hope everyone is having a great start to the fall season!
wqr43o.jpg
IRcim4.png
iaXMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Oh my goodness, I love the W pronunciation! I can hear it in my head how it sounds :)

I'm so glad all is going so well for your family. It sounds like this house that you are closing on is meant to be and after what you all went through on the last place you will enjoy this one even more! Congratulations!

As for Holden saying and doing more each day-- oh my goodness it is a blast, isn't it? I'm frequently taken aback by the things Olivia can say and do. I know you must feel the same about Holden. Well, just saying that you will continue to be literally blown away by the things they say and do almost daily. I know we are :) Thanks for the update on Holden and your family!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! I'm so excited that you guys are having a little boy. Olivia is going to be an amazing big sister!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Yay Holden! Isn't amazing how fast they grow! I think the demand for letters is completely adorable.
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I also loved the letters pronunciation! :) so adorable!

Thanks for the update on your sweet boy! He sounds like such a joy! :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, girls! He is such a little angel...except when he's tired, and then he's Mr. Mischief. ;)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png