Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

On a lighter note...Christmas Presents...what to get 2.5 year old

annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
What are your children getting for Christmas? I know it's early but I want to keep an eye out for decently priced Christmas presents. I have been thinking about getting Maggie a table (computer) she spend a lot of time on mine reading interactive books, so I thought it might make more sense to get her a little cheap one. Last year I got her the Leap From InnoTab - which is great but her interests have expanded beyond that computers capabilities.
raF7m7.png
Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
Maggie
PNa0m7.png

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Good question! In our house, Santa recently got a lot of good ideas because we went to play at a friend's house who has two toddlers who are older than H, and he was really interested in two of their toys: a play kitchen and a basketball hoop. I took mental notes and will be purchasing both for Christmas but not until after we move into our new house over Thanksgiving break. Like jdiana, we really only want to get him a handful of items, and we want to make sure they're good ones. :)

A tablet sounds like a great idea for Maggie. We don't have one, though, so I can't recommend any specific kind. I keep meaning to invest in one for myself, but I never get around to it...and now I'll be purchasing appliances instead, haha. I'm looking forward to more responses!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to get E one of those three-wheeled scooters, I think. She's tried them at the park and can really move on them.
    I'm trying a new idea of one indoor, one outdoor, one learning and one sharing... that's it. She'll get plenty from other people and the guidelines are making it easier to focus and not just get excited about any random little thing.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited October 2012
    Fun topic. We made a list awhile ago and have been chipping away at it slowly, but surely. I hate rushing around for last minute shopping and the large crowds. Also it feels more budget friendly for us to buy an item or two here and there rather than one big trip.

So, here is where we are--Remo Drum, PBK sleeping bag, art easel with white board, chalkboard, and butcher paper attachment for painting, Paint and art supplies, dishes, pots and pans for her kitchen, Mrs. Potato Head, skip hop backpack and matching lunch box, cedar playhouse for outdoors, books, wooden puzzles, dress up stuff--wings, tutus, etc., Magna doodle, more legos,baby doll with accessories, trains, and this is about it from us. Her second birthday is shortly after, so we are saving a few larger items for then.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Wooden puzzles, toddler digital camera, wooden train set, toy appliances (vacuum, broom, dustpan, kitchen), shopping cart, doll & stroller. Check out babycheapskate's Toys that get played with post. They have the top 20 toys for each age group.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picnic table for the playroom, more play food for the kitchen, maybe a little barn with farm animals-she has some but needs more, more little dolls for her dollhouse- we keep losing them, maybe a train-the one we got last yr was a huge fail, something sesame st like the little town or whatever it is, some puppets, a game of memory for little kids, puzzles, stocking will have coloring books, flash cards, little stuff that we can pull out as needed when her brothers arrive that will be new and fun.
  • Options
    roses25roses25 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    Aiden's a bit older, but on his Christmas list are: Inno Tab, Adjustable basketball hoop set, lego duplo building set, Let's Go Fishing Game, Highlights High Five Magazine, Long Sleeve Shirts, Shoes, and Socks
    EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
    schm94df60emqyke.png
    lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
    lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Babybaby, E has tried out that Radio Flyer tricycle in the store and LOVES it! Hopefully Seren will too!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any suggestions for an almost 6mo old?
    I have a few things stashed away but they'll probably be more appropriate for his 1st b-day. A sit on/push truck, and some pozimal wooden animals, and smaller widen cars, about the size of a 5oz bottle.

I'm thinking soft baby books but beyond that, what do 6mo olds like??
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Any suggestions for an almost 6mo old?
    I have a few things stashed away but they'll probably be more appropriate for his 1st b-day. A sit on/push truck, and some pozimal wooden animals, and smaller widen cars, about the size of a 5oz bottle.

I'm thinking soft baby books but beyond that, what do 6mo olds like??

Anything that might have been useful at 6 months was short-lived in our house. Look into some things that he might start to enjoy shortly after the 6 month mark. G starting liking everything with wheels or moving parts around starting around 8 months. Something he can use to pull himself up and stand at to play. (ie: Fisher Price Laugh & Learn table -- you can actually remove the legs and let him sit on the floor to play with the top part) Blocks. Nesting cups.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool, Thanks!