Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I think this cycle is out for me

blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I wish I could do this all over again. Everything that could have gone wrong with this insemination did.

Fist I couldn't get a positive clearblue easy ovulation test to save my life. All the stick tests showed a light positive line but I couldn't get a dark line at all. My temp spiked Saturday and Sunday night. I had ovulation pains Sunday afternoon.

As a result of waiting for a positive test I think I waited longer than I'd have liked to inseminate. I think I should have inseminated on Sunday. Instead I inseminated Monday morning.

I had planned to do a home iui with a really good friend of mine. Unfortunately despite being excited and confirming her commitment to help, my friend failed to call or show up this morning. I valiantly tried to do iui alone and I failed. (The story of my attempt at self iui will be very funny one day. Right now it's too sensitive and pathetic to share.)

Failing to land the ground troops in the hanger, I released them in my vag. Then immediately without thought I got up to wash all of my supplies. Horrified I ran back to bed and propped myself up for a good twenty minutes. I followed up my rest with an instead cup.

This cycle was a study in things not to do. I'm sure it won't result in a BFP. I'm disappointed by the wasted effort and swimmers.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    You never know...don't give up hope...One time as soon as I AIed I had to go pee soooo bad...I tried and tried to stay down but the pain was excruiciating and I had to go...I got a bfp...didn't stick around for me but I was PG...there have been some pretty funny and strange tales of things going wrong and having great outcomes...sorry things were so stressful for you.
  • Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that you had a rough time. Hopefully the little swimmers made it to their destination. :)
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your kind and reassuring words. Today was a rough day all around. While not the easiest way to start ttc, I'm glad it's over.
  • Options
    treeoflifetreeoflife Posts: 27
    edited November -1
    Keep your head up, you never know!!! Crossing my fingers and toes for you! :)
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Yes, keep your head up. Even if this try doesn't work, at least you will know a little more of what to expect next time. :) GL!!
  • Options
    tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    honestly you sound like you did a good job. you can get preg up to 48 hrs after ov. All it takes is one sperm. You are still in the game sweetheart
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • Options
    destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont doubt yourself blkbrd3! Its so hard not too, anytime you put swimmers in there your chancing at a BFP. Try to relax during your TWW. My first home insemination was a disater also. You learn from your oopies from the first experience good luck and hope your first try is your last try! ! ITS NO OVER YET!
    KZNUm6.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you every one for the positive feedback. While I know there's always a possibility of conception, I've pretty much written this month off as character building and have had a good laugh at it. Now that I've made so many errors I know the next time will be less stressful and will definitely go smoother.