Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OPK and BBT ?s

stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I know I still have a while but I want to be ready. I have not taken an OPK since our last try in May. We are not planning on trying again until March or April. So I have been off of my POAS addiction for almost 6 months. I was wondering when you ladies would start testing again? I have 6 months to wait still. Is that too early to start? I want to make sure I need Clomid and/or the trigger shot. I just wanna make sure of what is going on.

Now BBT. I have a really weird schedule. I work Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tue, the night shift from 10pm-6am. Except for Sun when I work from 2pm-6am. Then I have Wed, Thurs, and Fri that my sleep habits change because I like to be awake during the day to see fam and friend, go to school, or make appts, pay bills, all that fun stuff. So I was wondering if you all think that charting my BBT would be worth it? Do you have any suggestions? Like, how many hours do I need to be asleep before I can test. Will testing at different times of the day make a difference as long as I have been asleep for a few hours?

HELP!! LOL! I just want to be prepared in case I start ovulating better on my own. So I at least may not need the trigger shot. Maybe even not the Clomid if my OB agrees.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks ladies.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    as far as POAS, i would start whenever you feel ready again. i know i always wish i had more months of data to look back on when i'm obsessing about every little detail! :)

and BBT....that's a tough one! temping is hard enough for me without that interesting schedule. i always felt like you should sleep at least 4 hours before temping, but maybe i'm confusing that with how long you have to hold your pee before POAS :) good luck though whatever you decide to do!!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I say it's never to early to start POAS! I've been tracking since July, and we're planning to start TTC next July. I figure twelve months of charting will be sufficient...hopefully. I haven't started temping yet, but I did buy a thermometer. I'm going to start temping and taking prenatals in January.

I don't have any advice for your schedule! Sorry! I'll be curious to read what others say about it.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Stash - I think it's recommended to have 3 full hours of sleep before you temp. They say it is hard for some people to see a nice pattern from strange sleep/work/wake patterns, but it's definitely worth a try! Remember, in this case, if your pattern is wonky I would first blame it on the sleep schedule. Good luck with that!

As for OPKs -- the more the merrier, I say! Why not start now? Wondfos are pretty cheap. :)
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies. I think I am going to start this next cycle. Have 5-7 months (depending on when we actually try) of good charting to go off of. I am even going to look into FF (EEEKKKK) I have been dreading doing that but I think I will feel better in the long run. I am getting wondfos and smilies.

Hope I will have a few chart readers to help me out, and the FF helps me out in the beginning. LOL! I have TTC for 7 months, been off for 4 months, and I feel like I am at the beginning again. Obsessing over everything. Maybe a few months of obsessing with out actually TTC will make it easier for me. Yeah right!!