Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Avery is 1!

emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I haven't posted in a while but thought I'd give a little update. Avery turned a year on October 13th. Hard to believe how this year flew by. She is doing great and continues to amaze us. She is 22lbs 2 oz, still about 80th %ile and 29 1/4" tall. Short and fat as our pediatrician says!

She started walking a couple of weeks before her birthday, she says several words, "mom", "mama", "pop-pop", "ba" (for many things), "avery", "des" (for yes), and a couple others. we are bombarded with comments all the time about what a happy, smiley baby she is and how expressive she is. she makes the funniest faces-you can almost tell exactly what she is thinking. she loves balls of any sort, cars, pushing the chairs around the house, playing with the printer, my phone, or remotes. she also loves pushing buttons and points at everything while telling a story or saying a word. she loves her push toys, and squeals distinctly when she sees a dog or a cat. seems to love animals.

we try to play music for her a lot and frequently have dance parties in our kitchen. she loves to dance and imitate her mommies! there is a group of dads in our hood that play music for kids at a local coffee shop, so we go to that whenever we can. i think we kiss her too much because we have created a kissing machine! she kisses everything! her babies, herself in the mirror, books. so cute. we can always count on her to give us many morning kisses. she usually goes back and forth between us. it melts me.

she eats ok but would prefer cheese for every meal of every day. i have tried everything and am probably making a bigger deal of it than necessary (because i have no other child to compare her to!), but do wish she would eat more things. i have learned to cook more pasta for her and that she still only really likes canned fruit and veggies, instead of fresh. spinach pancakes are a big hit, though.

we threw her a ladybug birthday party and it was a hit. she loved every second. she was passed around all afternoon and loved when everyone sang happy birthday to her. we were very proud mommies. my mother-in-law and i baked her a cake from scratch and i decorated it as a ladybug. she knew right what to do with it and dug in!

can't wait to see what this next year brings. baby #2 is on the horizon, pending a career change with dw....so we will see. i am very content with how things are right now. thanks for latting me share! here is a pic of avery and me with 2 of her cousins.

bday.jpg
IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday Avery!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    PistacioBabyPistacioBaby Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    Yay! Happy birthday Avery! What a doll. Thanks for sharing with us!
    -- K & K --
    9/12 - BFN
    10/12 - BFN
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    She sounds amazing and her mommies are clearly enjoying her to the fullest! I love hearing the updates! :)
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    What a sweetie! Happy birthday, Avery! Thanks for sharing her updates!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday! What a great update! Sounds like things are going so well. Love the photos and the ladybug theme.
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Oh, yay! Thanks for sharing! Happy birthday, Avery!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    happy birthday, avery!!! :)
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    ♪ Happy Birthday Avery! ♫
    just a little late :)