Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Going Crazy during the waiting game!

stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
As some of you know, I am on hold for TTC. I am 28 (29 in May and feel like time is already running out), with PCOS and had to take Clomid 100mg to grow follicles and then use the Trigger shot to ovulate. So it gets pretty pricey since our insurance doesn't cover infertility or same sex couples. :(

We don't plan to start until March or April (May if our preferred donor is in quarantine) and I am GOING CRAZY!!! I am on CD28 right now and am just waiting for AF so I can start taking OPKs this cycle(cuz I just can't wait to start doing something TTC related lol). I don't think I will be using FF because it stresses me out and actually pisses me off. :/ So I am hoping the OPKs will be enough. (I will try to track CM and CP also, but we will see) OPKs were not positive when I wasn't ovulating (confirmed by BW) so I am hoping that if they become positive that I am actually ovulating on my own. Because the one time last Dec when they were actually positive, I had obvious O pains. But with PCOS, who freaking knows what is going to happen.

I am just so excited to actually be a little closer to TTC!!!! I was hoping that I would be calmer, and even thought for a min that I may have to pep myself up to TTC again. But nooooo!! I am ready to go!!

I will keep you all updated about my OPKs and if I think I am actually ovulating. Because I am already driving DW crazy so I might as well release my energy here. :)

My plan- I bought CBE smiles (2 boxes so far and stocking) and I also bought the wondfo strips with 100 of them. I will buy another 100 set (I am a POAS addict) and another box of the CBE if not two so I have 4 different testers for when I get closer to ovulation. That way I can use each of them once a day. Helps with the PCOS I have heard. Overkill? Maybe, but I just can't help it. Plus I can keep the extra testers around for the just in case...

Thank you if you have made it this far. Is there anything else you ladies would suggest? Like OPKs they like or don't like and if you have PCOS, what do you use? I don't like answer strips, and I will probably save the smilies as much as possible since I will be tracking for so long. Those babies are EXPENCIVE!! But anything for our Rainbow Baby. :)

Advise and suggestions are gladly welcome. Thanks for listening. Let the charting begin. :D
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited October 2012
    Hey Stash,

Sounds like a plan! I, too, have PCOS, but I always get clear +/- on the Wondfos and Smileys, so I am not help there.

I just wanted to throw out a supplement that a doctor gave me the other day. It's called "Pregnitude." It's specifically beneficial for PCOSers as it improves egg quality, controls insulin resistance, and hopefully balances hormones -- all quite naturally. You get it in a little packet and drop it in your water. Since you have a few months of prep time, I think it would be a perfect addition. You don't need a prescription for it, either. I did my research on it and there seem to be few side effects. You can also take it while using other medications, like Clomid. I wouldn't take it if you are using Metformin. I found it on Drugstore.com for $34.99 for a month's supply. Lots of women swear by it. My thought it, it can't hurt! (I don't think, right?) :)

There hasn't been much talk on here about it, but other websites generally recommend it. And, you know, the internet is the source of all knowledge.

Good luck! March/April/May is gonna be here before you know it!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited October 2012
    Love it! Today is Day 12. I started POAS on Day 8 so I wouldn't miss the big O! I've been waiting to try since April! Insurance kicked in June 1 and I was in an accident that day so kinda pushed things back a bit! My swimmers are waiting in the closet...I should get a pos OPK today. Used like 6 sticks yesterday and was getting quite annoyed that I didn't get a positive. Then a while ago....that amazing EWCM made its grand entrance and my hope went up 95%!! So we'll see what happens but probably doing insem Thursday AM and praying the egg releases and BINGO!!! Fingers crossed and will begin my dreams!! Until you get there, enjoy reading everyone's stories and suggestions! It's really cool to watch ppl from month to month. I have been temping, OPKing, charting CM and position and it really gives you a good idea about what your body doing:) Our bodies are so amazing aren't they!
    HbUym5.png
  • Options
    whoknowsxwhoknowsx Posts: 89
    edited October 2012
    I am with you Stash. I am new here, bought my swimmers, and had to put them in storage until I go for testing on my pcos. I have known that I have had it for a few years, but never decided to have a child, until my husband and I decided we would like a child. I have used the smileys, other OPK test, and all seem to work fine. But, I thought I better get the works done before I inseminate at home. I have no insurance that covers fertility and wasn't surprised by the cost of the testing and other stuff that needs to be done. I take metformin and it works great for me. I am not looking to use clomid because my sister has pcos and she used Clomid, which ended in her having quadruplets :rolleyes: . I have multiples that run high on my side of the family and if i took clomid, it would be my luck to have two or more. And I was wondering, do you need an u/s in order to use the trigger shot? I haven't been to my fertility doctor yet (only consultation), as my doctor said that the fertility doctor may be a better option. I hate waiting as well, but i want to make sure that i get a green light before wasting my money and time, if i am not ovulating. Good luck.
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Hey WhoKnows - Yes, most doctors will require u/s leading up to ovulation to do the trigger shot. Typical protocol is CD 3 for a baseline u/s. Then return trip on CD 12 to see progress. If you are ready to trigger then -- whoo hoo! If not, you'd come back, typically in 2 days, for a follow-up.
    I take Femara and I feel like the incidence of multiples is less with Femara versus Clomid. Also, family history is a big indicator -- so good for you to think of that -- but, it may have also been the dosage that she was given. (Unless she had some identical twin sets?) You could elect not to inseminate/have an IUI in any cycle where you had more than X follicles. On Femara I have only gotten 2 follicles. I ovulate regularly, but need that wee little boost to promote overall follicle quality due to the PCOS.

Good luck!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    aplusa-I will look into the pregnitude. Any thing to help take Clomid and the trigger shot out. When do you start taking it in your cycle? Anytime or on CD21? I am not on metformin and I have great blood sugar. So that is a plus.

Griessk- I do enjoy other's stories. They are great.

whoknowsx-I don't get a CD3 U/S. Tho I might when I first start TTC again. But I'm not sure since it is all out of pocket. Then I get CD12 U/S to see if follies are big enough for the trigger shot. I was always right on track with the 100mg Clomid(except I had 2 dominate follicles) so I never had to do a second one. Then we IUIed 27hrs later. I think it was too early. But we will be doing 2 IUIs at home after U/S and trigger at 24 and 36hrs past. Just in case.

Alpusa- I am so happy you are on this board. You give a lot of in site. I wasn't even thinking about a CD3 baseline U/S. Thanks!