Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

when did you stop bf'n? x posted

tellytelly Posts: 625
edited November 2012 in Parenting and Life
I really enjoy it. My little guy also does too. I was going to start weaning him off at 12 months. But, i am now thinking about continuing to do it until he doesnt want to anymore. Did  anyone else take tha5 approach? When did you fully stop?
2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    My intent was to continue as long as Sebastian wanted to...so that's what we did. I actually always thought he'd go longer, but he weaned himself entirely just over a month ago, so we made it to 18 months. I feel happy with that accomplishment and he never looked back, he was just done. Sometimes I wonder if he weaned because he noticed something changing in me when I became pregnant (I dealt with a little bit of guilt/sadness for a minute) but regardless he made the choice and I feel good having let him lead the way.

I intend to do the same with baby #2...just BF until he decides he's done. It is a huge commitment, one that's tough to understand until you go through it, but I feel it is also so gratifying in the end. I am actually quite anxious and excited to get to take the journey all over again. To be honest, I am also glad Seb weaned as I now see the bright side in it and feel it will be nice to just have that bonding process alone with the new baby. I had that time one on one with Sebastian and somehow it seems only fair to give that full attention and bonding to his little brother.

Anyway, that's our BF story in a nutshell... :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    We stopped about a year ago so she was almost 3. I think we both would have continued but it became very painful. Maybe because I wasn't producing milk or at least not very much towards the end. It was still a very gentle weaning but she still asks randomly if she can try :)

Going the duration was one of the best decisions I ever made and I wouldn't change a thing.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stopped nursing E way too early, but H is still going strong at 26 months. She's hoping to still be nursing when the next baby comes along, but as that's probably a year away we'll see how we go.
    Sometimes E will still ask to nurse with me, but not very often and usually now she just finds the idea to be way too funny.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    I stopped at 13 months. I wish I hadn't though. Next time I will go until the baby/child isn't interested anymore.
  • Options
    tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Shanny did you also pump or was it just "random nursing"?
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I never needed to pump since Kate was always with me. Towards the end it was pretty set as nap and bed time. But between 1-2.5 years she was still nursing pretty regularly.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I stopped with Justin at 22 months. He was only doing nighttime feedings and had been since about 14 months. With Juliet I'll at least keep pumping through 2 years. She already only wants to nurse in the noddle of the night.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png