Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

The questions kids ask!

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Juliet is now at the stage where she's opening drawers and pulling things out. Today it was a maxipad from my post-partum phase. Justin picked it up and asked, "Is this a diaper?" I replied that it wasn't, so he kept going. "What is it?"

"A pad."

"What's it for?"

"Oh, it has a few different purposes."

"Like what?"

"Um, well, you could . . . wet it and freeze it and then use it as an ice pack."

"I still think it looks like a little diaper, only it's sticky on one side. Mommy, why are you laughing behind that towel? What's so funny?"

Man, I almost busted a gut. I am soooo not ready to explain menstrual cycles and bleeding to my 3-year old!
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Lol thats cute. My opinion is it may be very uncomfortable but always tell them the truth. Dp son is 7 and we found a note to his "gf" which said how he wanted to kiss her lips, butt and private part. :o we didnt want to but we had a slight talk about what he meant and how he needs to wait and etc. I figured if he cant be comfortable and get the correct info at home. He will find incorrect info else where and things might not turn out good. If your uncomfortable you can always google "ways to tell my blank year old blank blank blank". Or come up with a little cute childlike answer, but always be up front. Thats just me.
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    My mom told Maggie they were knee pads. So know she asks for knee pads.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got caught with a tampon, and I just said it was feminine protection. From that day on I have hidden everything!
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    L asked when I was postpartum, and I just told her it was for my vagina. That totally satisfied her curiosity, and she even proudly grabbed clean ones and offerred them to me ....... "Mommy - you need for vagina?"
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Shaeley Mae- your answer was my fav!! Haha. "You need for vagina?" Haha, still laughing!
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I thought about being honest but he's been developing a lot of fears lately and mommy bleeding sounded like an easy ticket to another one! :P
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    lmao...ds2 knows that dp needs breast pads (she calls them boobie pads) and he always likes to help get them and gets two because, duh, she has two boobs. so this week she has her period and ds2 sees the pads in the bathroom. "these for mommy? she needs two" and proceeded to bring her two pads. lol!!!

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png