Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Christmas Stockings?

starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have not yet bought "forever" stockings for our family. We have just done cheap stockings we decorate each year...but this year I am really out to find the perfect stockings, that we can use for years to come. I know I want them embroidered, and I am leaning towards white, so it will always match our Christmas decor (we tend to lean toward less "traditional" Christmas colors for our tree and such).

I like these from PB, but not sure if they are the exact one I want. I've looked on etsy, but haven't seen anything phenomenal yet. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/channel-quilted-velvet-stocking/?pkey=cstockings-holiday

Any suggestions, or recs on where you have gotten your stockings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Growing up my sister and I had crocheted ones. They're 40+ years old and going strong. I love the fact that they stretch to accommodate odd-sized gifts which my kids' contemporary ones do not.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    We have the cream/off white from PB and I love them. I had the emroidery done in chocolate brown. I think they really would go with any decor.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I have the PB stockings, and they are beautifully made and sturdy :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We have white ones from West Elm. I love them! They have our names embroidered. You can choose the color of the embroidery.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    We have PB as well for stockings. A lot of the boys cute things, towels, chairs, Halloween bags, stockings all come from there. I wish the style of ours was a little different but overall I like them. I'm going to buy them both the PB bathrooms this year.
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may check into getting us embroidered stockings from PB since my daughter works there and we can get 25% discount
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    We also have the PB embroidered stockings and LOVE them.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    jdiana - we have a star on top of our tree that my niece made me probably 15 years ago. maybe the kids could make something?
    image_zps64579b54.png