Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

transporting vials

jpmassjpmass Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm hoping someone has some good advice for me. I'm getting ready to start iui at the md office. Do i bring the whole tank with me, or can i prethaw my sample at home? I'm doing this alone and not sure about being able to carry the big box around. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My MD had me deliver it to their office. If you are supposed to bring it with, you will need to bring it in the tank.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • Options
    earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    Bring the tank with you! You don't want to have something go wrong with the appt time and have your good swimmers die.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • Options
    CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd have it shipped to your Dr. office! It maybe kinda awkward lugging the tank around town.
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • Options
    whoknowsxwhoknowsx Posts: 89
    edited November 2012
    If the tank doesn't have transporting instructions on the box or in the instructions, make sure you place tank or box in a secure place in your car, so it doesn't tip over in the transport. I would seat belt it. I haven't had a liquid nitrogen tank from NW my self yet, but I did grow up on a cattle farm, which we used vials of sperm for the cattle. If the tank tipped or ended upside down the vile in the secure cups could come lose, end up in the bottom of tank and could be impossible to get, as the liquid nitrogen would damage your skin if touched.
    Good luck and I hope you get your BFP.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    If at all possible, you should have the tank delivered to your drs office. If it is not possible, then when you do go to your dr apt, take the tank with you and make sure to buckle it in so it doesn't fall over or have somebody go with you to hold it.

Good luck!!!!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Remember, when transporting the tank, keep it upright!!! ;)
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger