Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Black Friday

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
We aren't brave enough to venture out, but for those who are, here's a list of all the deals, separated by category. (Zen, it looks like best buy has that 250xbox for $199!)

http://m.gizmodo.com/5959898/all-the-black-friday-deals-2012
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Thanks...This is the first year in about 4 or so years that I will not shop black friday. I have been following the deals on www.bfads.net but haven't seen anything I really need. My DP wants the PS3 but last year she wanted the Wii and I got her that and we use it just for Netflix once or twice a month...Big waste of money. Target has the PS3 for $199 on Friday. So I may just give in and send someone out to get it for me. :)
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Thanks!!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I really like the idea of the Xbox for less! But ... I was in Best Buy on Sunday and there were people already starting to camp out. What is the likelihood of just being able to walk into a store on Friday?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What?!? How can you camp out for almost a week??? That's insane!!!
    What about used Xbox? Is that a possibility, or do people hang on to them until they die?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zen... We also had some people in the news here in CFL who have been camped out at Best Buy for several days now...insane! As a seasoned BF shopper, I have always left with what I came for. You'll have to get to the sale early and I've always waited around for a few hrs. I got it all and then some... It helps to take a others to help. I would also do what k & h said... Look for a gently used Xbox if you were open to that, or look online for deals. I'm bummed that I won't be in the mad rush this yr bc I'm just too big with these twins to battle the crowds, but we will be out later in the morning to get Laney clothes and pick up the remaining baby items that we need. Good luck on your BF shopping!
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    When the Wii first came out, it was our first Thanksgiving together, I think we had been dating a month or two. We camped out at GameStop from 10:00pm Thursday night until 7:00am Friday morning. They only had 17 consoles and we were 2nd in line. Now that I look back, I think we were insane!!!! We haven't done the whole Black Friday thing since then. We are however going to Destin FL for Black Friday this year with Ali's mom and aunt. Not really going to push and shove and trample people. They have a large outlet mall and I'm looking for some great deals on clothing for next year and possibly some things for baby #2 (who hasn't been concieved yet, lol). We are also going to Gatlingurg, TN the day after Xmas and none of us have proper clothing for those kind of temps, ha! Hopefully I can score a nice pair of snow boots :)
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    We bought ours a year ago used for $75. Works great!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Thank you K&H! I did get to Best Buy on Friday and found the Xbox priced just as you said!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    So glad they had it, Zen!

The only Black Friday shopping I did was at Carter's at midnight, to buy new pants for this boy in my house who is suddenly too tall for all of the pants I just bought 3 months ago! There were about six people there and it was super easy. :)
    Jjr6m5.png