Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Digestion issues

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
For about a month or two I've noticed that Justin's been pooling 3x a day. He's also 100% potty trained but will occasionally go #2 a bit in his pants before making it to the toilet. Juliet has also started looping 3x a day since eating real food as well. She was an every-other-day child when on breastmilk only. Is this normal or do you think it might be caused by food intolerances? Is it worth mentioning to the pediatrician between visits? Would taking a probiotic slow things down any?

Okay, I just had to leave in the auto-corrects for pooping. Apparently it's not a real word. My poor kids are pooling and looping! :rolleyes:
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, I am very sorry to hear your kids are pooling and looping like that. It sounds rough.

Has there been any diet changes you can think of...like a different brand of something or something new all together for Justin? Juliet...could just be her system getting used to everything. I would say it's worth mentioning to your ped, but I wouldn't be too concerned at this point unless it's diarrhea, bloody, or mucousy. A probiotic may help...definitely won't hurt anything.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Pooling and looping can be very serious issues :)

I agree that unless you've introduced a new food you are worried might be causing it (soymilk or something distinguishable like that) and with no blood or mucus I would not be too worried. Also, if they seem uncomfortable when they go or have a kind of "explosion". That is what it was like when Kate had food intolerances and there was much more going on besides just frequency to alert me to a problem (and when I say frequency I mean 8-10 poops a day even at Juliets age). Probiotics definitely can't hurt, might help.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Can you send me the diet to encourage pooling? I have been giving Shiloh 4-5 fruits and veggies daily plus gummy fibers. And still struggle to get her to the pool more than twice a week!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Both kids eat a lot of dairy (cheese, milk, and yogurt) and a few servings of fruitand veggies daily. I'm lactose-intolerant, but I recall my OB saying that's not a true food intolerance, just that my body doesn't have enough of the right kind of bacteria in the intestines. If you keep eating those foods, your body will develop the right kinds of bacteria to digest the foods. I just wonder how much time you have to wait. With Juliet it makes sense because she's only been on real food for a few months, but Justin's diet hasn't changed much in the past year or two.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    Once you stop needing breastmilk you don't need dairy from another animal. Not to mention its not good for our bodies. Perhaps that is why we don't have the proper bacteria to digest it. It seems like their bellies aren't handling the dairy which is causing the frequent loose stools. And no offense to your Dr, but Drs aren't really well versed in nutrition.Yes, they probably take a class or two, but in the grand scheme of things that is not their specialty. I would do your own research and look to people that are trained in nutrition to tell you about the way your body handles food. But that seems to be the obvious cause to me.