Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

A little sad today (saying goodbye to baby stuff)

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Well, I never quite understood people talking about crying on their child's first birthday. I didn't with Justin and seriously doubt I will with Juliet. But, I did have an emotional time today as my dad packed my first load of stuff into his truck for the consignment shop. I didn't realize saying goodbye to the baby swing, walker, bumbo seat, vibrating seat, exersaucers, rock'n'sleeper, pregnancy books, cosleeper, etc. would leave me reminiscing about the first time each child used them and the great memories attached to them. It was a sad moment and I honestly couldn't look at all the items in the truck. My babies aren't babies anymore!

Now, the huge maternity clothes I didn't shed a single tear over!
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I can relate. I had a hard time getting rid of all of Olivia's clothing once we found out we were having a boy and we have decided that two kids is where we will stop. I'm happy I get one last time with all of the items you mentioned, but will surely feel as you did today a year from now :(
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    My house is so cluttered up with baby everything that I actually don't (or at least, haven't yet) get too emotional when I get to rotate something out of the house. I do, however, get really choked up when I watch my boy doing something new or starting to do things on his own. It makes me realize how fast he's growing up and leaving his little infant days behind. It's bittersweet, actually, since there are times that I would love nothing more than to stick him in his bed, shut the door, and just see him in the morning after a good night's sleep. But, at the same time, I never want to go a single night without rocking my sweet baby boy to sleep and cuddling him through the night when he wakes up and needs me.

Aww geez...I'm getting teary just typing this! Hormones and sleep deprivation are not a good combination! :P
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I sold my big baby things through a local facebook group, and it was so sad to see the pack and play go but the $80 I got for it bought us groceries for a week at a time that I desperately needed the cash, so that helped take the sting away!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I gave our baby stuff to my SIL to use. I cried when I opened a box of newborn clothes, but other than that I was happy. It helped knowing my stuff was going to a new baby in the family.
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as A&J...when we found out that we were having two boys, I was literally an emotional mess as I went through all of Laneys clothes knowing she would never have a sister to wear my favorite outfits (even though I was thrilled to be having boys). I dread the day that I have to get rid of all of the stuff you mentioned!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I held on to so many things for so long not knowing if I was going to have another. I loaned stuff out to friends, got it back, moved it from apartment to house. It really helped me let a lot of it go by the time I did! And like Mel, as I have sold things this past year the money has come at pretty tough times so that really helped lessen the sadness. My bff just bought $350 worth of clothes from me. That was new tires I desperately needed but really couldn't afford with Kate's tuition due this week. Hopefully the money coming in from the consignment shop will do the same for you!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    We had our kids back to back, and have a small house, so I was SO SUPER HAPPY when they outgrew all the "big" baby crap. I couldn't consign it fast enough! We didn't use most of it, at all, and will go so much more minimal with our next baby so I didn't want to hang onto it all. Toys and clothes...different story. I cry when they outgrow sizes, and some of their nice baby toys, I hate putting away!