Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

when did they...

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
If you have children older than 3 ish when could they

Spell first and last names
Know phone number
Know address

Just curious....
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    spell first name - 3-3.5
    spell last name - 4
    write first name - 3.5-4
    write first and last name - 4.5ish
    phone number - 5 (right before kindergarten)
    address - 4 (street number and street. he added the city, state and country at 5 in kindergarten)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    spell and write first name: 3, definitely by 3.5

I haven't taught them how to spell their last name and they don't teach last names in my kids' preschool, but if I taught it, they would pick it up quickly!

phone number - haven't taught it. I should probably do that!

address - they learned this in pieces from 3.5-4 years old. They've known house number, street, city, state, and country for about 2 months.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My boys are not 3 yet (have to wait till Sat.) but we sing:
    10 little numbers on my phone, put them together to call my home, 10 little numbers what are they, my telephone number I know today. 123 -555-1224. I think because it is a song it has helped because they have know their phone number for a while now. Address is iffy, names almost there not yet.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    how much has she worked on these skills? Maggie can spell her first name, we made it a game. most of my preschool students don't know their phone numbers.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Shiloh can spell her first name (and has been able to since shortly after starting preschool at 3-1/2). She's learning to spell her last name (at 4). As for the others, she has no clue on address. She does know the last 4 digits of my cell phone. That made me laugh when I was giving it to someone and she rattled them off.

With Kate, I think she'll know these things when you teach them to her. People are constantly amazed by Shiloh's knowing her pledge of allegiance ... and words to pop rock songs. It's really just repetition. But I still preen when people think I have a little genious or the next American Idol!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png