Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

kids shampoo

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Kate and I were in the shower tonight and I suddenly had the realization that I don't need to be buying her "special" kids shampoo and conditioner anymore (apparently this is a profound epiphany in my head on the eve of her birthday!). She's been using my bar soap for at least a year I don't know why it never occured to me to just use "regular" shampoo.

When do others stop using kid soaps and shampoos?
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We never did kid/baby stuff.
    A friend still uses baby shampoo/body wash combo on her 6yo. It's not so great actually because her kids' hair is super curly and could really benefit from conditioner!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I have been switching back forth for a while, mostly using a Federick Fekkai shampoo and conditioner that work really well on Maggie hair. She has a lot of really fine hair.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    We buy the California Baby all in one shampoo and body wash-- those containers last forever and this is what we primarily use on O. However, my mother decided that since O has curly hair she needed the full Bumble and Bumble curl line of hair products.This is not something we would have bought, but if my mom wants to spend a small fortune on Livs hair, so be it. I have also used some of my Aveda conditioning stuff on Liv.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Both boys at 4 & 6 use baby shampoo still, special expensive stuff :-( Z could I assume use "regular" but its not worth the risk of dealing with soap in his eyes. I don't want them usibg my stuff and if I'm going to buy them their own a nice baby shampoo works. If it was just one calm kid in the shower maybe but two hyper boys. Their hair is fine, just average little boy hair. I don't see the need to switch.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    After the first year I typically use my shampoo and body wash on them. It has the same gentle and "natural" compenents as anything special I would buy for my kid, so why not just use it on them ...? In fact, sometimes I use the shampoo as a body wash, and sometimes I use the body wash as shampoo. Both are sulfate-free, paraben free, frangrance free, mineral oil free, etc. So in my mind they're pretty interchangeable (as far as age and uses).
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    LOL! I plan to leave Shiloh with baby shampoo and soap until she is old enough to request something else!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    at 5 I still buy the kid shampoo simply because I use special stuff (tea tree shampoo, split end control, whatever) for myself, and he likes strawberry hair LOL he also shampoos himself and it gets in his eyes most times. I'd rather not have his eyes burn with tea tree shampoo or whatever. :)

for soap though, we use the same body wash/soap.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I switched Justin from the baby Aveeno hair & body wash to a kids' tear-free but more adult shampoo earlier this year, but then he told me it made his body itch a few minutes after washing his hair (and this scene repeated itself a few times, so it was legit) so we went back to Aveeno for him. Now Juliet's breaking out dry and bumpy skin from the Aveeno, so we'll be switching to something else soon (Eucerin?).
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We just all started using all natural soap and shampoo bars (it's essentially "no poo" but obviously not as abrasive as the baking soda thing). We also switched moisturizers and deodorants. I can't even begin to tell you all the positive changes in our skin and hair. The company is called chagrin valley. Finn is 2 and now we just all use the same stuff.

And I know what I just wrote sounds all hippy dippy (HA!). But I promise we don't smell like patchouli. ;)
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg