Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Staying in the building

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
How old were your kids when you knew they could leave the room you were in but not leave the building? When we are at church I know that E would most likely be safe and run around with the other kids, but she's still likely to bolt for the door to outside if something catches her fancy.
We often have small potlucks where the kids all run around while the adults eat and socialize... Am I anywhere near being able to sit and not follow her everywhere?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Z at 4 I would not trust really in other rooms in some places. At family gathering & such its okay but some places like a church he could be tempted to go out a door. He may not but he still gets caught up with what's going on with other kids. I would feel quite uneasy not watching him. I guess the only few times I allow him to wonder to other areas besides home is other family members houses. I'm sure he would be safe in certain groups like kids at church but he would not be able to always make the best choices like going out the door. MOST of the time he follows the safety rules though.
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe this time next year....maybe. Depending on personality type. At thanksgiving this year we were at a friends house and the have a 5.5 and 3.5 year old, jack is 4.5...the three of them played fine together in the playroom in the back. We were still chasing after Emerson.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I thought it was a ways away still. Just dreamin!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    At 3 Shiloh had run of the house (and friends homes too). She's 4 now and I would not leave her unattended in public. I think maybe by ... age 8!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    oh good so it isnt just me. lol
    I feel like the over vigilant mom sometimes but I feel that I have to watch Zayden every second that we are out in public like parks and shopping malls. I dont trust him not to run off somewhere and I dont expect this behavior to change for a few years yet!
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In our home, laney has full reign of the common living space and play room.... She is really into going into her bedroom and closing the door but we watch her on the monitor and she usually just plays on her bed with a doll. Our backyard has a 6 foot privacy fence, a few times I have been in the kitchen and will peek at her while she plays in the sandbox which is like 20 ft away from me and I keep the patio door open.but... The min her little butt is on the move I'm hovering. I worry she might eat an acorn, get into ants, climb on the playset and fall, etc.
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with babybaby on this because it has literally never been an issue with Kate, or A for that matter. In fact I had to read the OP several times trying to understand the issue, lol. However, L I cannot let out of my site for a moment and don't see that changing for a very, very long time.
    image_zps64579b54.png