Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Bravelle/Injectables

lcgreylcgrey Posts: 197
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
How long did you try before you were prescribed injectables?

Who can prescribe it OBGYN, RE, or Both?

Did you need to have your cycle monitored?

What were the costs/ did insurance cover it?

I think this is the next step I need to go. Just need to know which doctor I need to make an appointment with. Any additional feedback is much appreciated.
Dec '10 BFN, Feb '11 BFN, Apr '11 BFN, May '11 BFN, Oct '11 BFN, Nov '11 BFN, Dec '11 BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/23/12. RE Cycles: Mar'12 BFN, Apr'12 BFN, May'12 BFP..m/c lost 08/04/12. Jun '13 BFP. Baby Ellen arrived Mar 8, 2014

1FLRI86.jpg1FLRm7.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Without insurance, I was told by my doctor that the u/s monitoring and IUi for an injectable cycle was about $2,000-3,000. The medications are about $1-2k.

This would cover the multiple monitoring appointments - I believe every other day while doing injections. We did not end up doing this so I don't have specifics.

Good luck!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited January 2013
    Sorry! Only half responded. I believe you would need a RE to work with.

Our RE recommended it after 7 at-home cycles and 3 not medicated Dr. Assisted IUIs where we had not conceived. We did not do it as I was diagnosed with PCOS and worried about over responding and having to cancel the cycle.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger