Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What would you do..? now or wait

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok.. I am cd 13 and I have been checking my cervix.... Today it turned High, Soft, Os is medium open I think (by feel), but CM is only slightly watery/more creamy...

I have dull,VERY dull, aches on rt side on and off today.

I have tested at 1:30pm and 6:30pm with Smileys... And No smiley yet... and lines on cartridge are faint (the one on the left) I know you are not supposed to read them but I do and they usually corresond to my lined tests (Answer)... but I am only using smileys this month.

Here is my chart..

My Ovulation Chart

Would you insem tonight? I don't want to miss it..but, I don't want to do it too early either..I have two vials. My cervix usually closes up shop by 20- 24 hours after smiley... (but haven't gotten a smiley yet)..
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I would wait for the smiley. Its tough not to jump the gun, I know, but all of your other signs aren't pointing to imminent ovulation either. O's should be totally open, EWCM is the big one, and O cramps can happen before, during, and after ovulation so tough to go off of those only.
    I would perhaps do one more smiley before bed tonight, then with FMU in the morning and just go from there...I think you're getting close, but I wouldn't insem quite yet.
    Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks mommylove...! It has been a few months since I have tried... so I feel like is the first time all over again!

Mommylove... you mention using first morning urine to do another smiley... I thought that you can't rely on FMU for smileys???? Is a FMU smiley accurate.. I think the instructions say not to use first morning urine.. But, that being said, I did try it one time, when I was just tracking... and did get a smiley at 7:30am...
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I'm with MommyLove. It looks like maybe tomorrow? Soon, anyway.

Good luck!

Did you receive the new tank and vials?
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Smileys say you can use them with FMU, but most people recommend starting with the second urine of the day because it is less concentrated and therefore more authentically positive. Or something.

FWIW, I always used them with FMU and then so on and so forth.
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yes, thanks aplusa... I did get everything straightened out with the vials/ tank. It would have been nice to hear an "I am sorry this happened" at some point, but that did not happen. Well...at least I am all set and ready as soon as I get that smiley.

I was planning on doing one vial right at/ very close to smiley ,and then one at 12 hours past smiley... I am planning on doing an actual IUI, by myself... I tried this one time before, and between checking my cervix with the speculum at 10am ,and then getting everything ready, and then attempting the IUI ONE hour later, my cervix went from WIDE open at 10am to almost closed at 11am.. So, I think I ended up getting the catheter about 1/2 way into cervix. I did get a FAINT bfp that cycle, but must have been a chemical b/c it was negative the next day.... or maybe an evap?

What do you all think of this timing...? As I mentioned, for my last cycle, my cervix "closed up shop" around 20-24 hours past smiley....
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Sarah... I feel like this is my first insem b/c I haven't done it for months.... Eeek.. I am excited.
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I with +0 and +12, too! YAY! Good luck, Precious. Very excited for you to be trying again.
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks everyone! :)
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i agree with Sarah. good luck! i hope you don't miss your opening this time.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kstarr...

Just did another smiley at 11pm and no smiley yet... but the lines are definitely darker.. so it is getting closer... yay!!

So, if you test with a smiley with FMU is that accurate or not? I don't normally test with FMU, but I think I may tomorrow moring to make sure I don't miss my smiley..... or would you test at like 3 am???
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    Sarah, i'm super jealous of your regularity :D
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!