Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

cervix and time of ovulation

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited January 2013 in Trying to Conceive
When cervix goes from open to closed (just after this happens) does that mean ovulation would have occured at that point?

Or once cervix closes, is ovulation still to happen ???

Still waiting for my smiley.....but it is getting close...and I just thought of this question.

Last cycle my cervix closed around 20-24 hours post smiley. So, does that typically mean O happend at/ right before the closing?
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    from what i've read, it can happen right after ovulation or take hours or days. i guess it just depends on the woman. just like everything else in a cycle. i say that once you get your opening and smiley do your ai. i'm nervous for you.... but really hoping it works.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies... I am still waiting on a smiley... getting closer though....woohoo.

I think that sounds so funny.... that the "cervix is closed for business /// cervix has closed up shop" lol...
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    haha... i like the joke too. good way to remember it.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    My cervix was low closed when we did all 3 IUI insems... at 12 hrs, 18 hrs, and 40 hrs post + OPK.... and we got our bfp... I think it must have been a miracle :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I remember you posting your experience of this.... what a story to tell your child....! (well...maybe not till they are much older for the details....) But about the part that they are a miracle. ..:)
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    I have pictures from last cycle and it was still pretty open two days later. It's pretty cool to see things when you get a speculum:-)
    HbUym5.png