Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Should I insem now? EWCM but no smiley yet

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited February 2013 in Trying to Conceive
Hi....

I am confused....

I just checked my cervix at 11:30pm tonight 1/16. It is very soft, medium height (but I read that it is normal for it to be lower later in the day), the OS cervical opening seems to be open
AND, I have some EWCM!

BUT<

I just did a smiley test at 11:15pm tonight, 1/16 and NO smiley...BUT the lines on the cartridge are almost as dark as each other.

In the past when the lines were almost as dark as each other, I would get a smiley very soon.

So, I was planning on inseming AT +OPK/ 1 hour after ANd second insem around 12 hours past. So, should I insem before my smiley? based on EWCM???? Last month my cervix was closed by 24 hours past opk

If not, would you do another smiley in the middle of the night? like 3am?

THanks!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Really.... I don't want to miss it, but I don't want to go to soon... ICK.... Why can't we just get an email that says..."hey, you're ovulating.. please insem immediately"... lol That would be so much easier!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    I think we'd all sign up for that service. I'd do another smiley at 3 like you were thinking. Then again at 6 or 7. Or you can do one vial now to kinda ease your anxiety and still do one 12 hours past when you do get your smiley.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would do another one at 3 as well
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • Options
    TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
    edited November -1
    As long as there is no way you could have just ovulated, I would test at 3am or bright and early in the morning like you were thinking. You're right in the window, just remember to relax. Take a nice hot shower and I bet that egg will pop right out! :)
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
    *Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone.... I set my alarm (on cell phone)for 3 am and then slept throuh it...uhh..
    BUT, I just tested with a smiley at 7:45am with FMU and NO smiley, BUT the lines seriously look like they are the same in terms of darkness....what the heck? Usually when that happens I have a smiley. Maybe the next one will be ... So, I still did not insem yet....today is cd 15. Last month I o'd on cd 14 (smiley the same day)... So, there was a lot of stress at work just recently...plus stress from my ex boyfriend showing up several times after not seeing him for many weeks. I guess the stress is delaying O and smiley a bit.

Sarah.... how many days/ hours after you got your EWCM did you end up getting your smiley????
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    I think you O pretty close to your +opk. How many vials do you have? I would think about going ahead with the first one, since your os closes so fast. But I would be second guessing myself too.
  • Options
    praying4onepraying4one Posts: 108
    edited November -1
    Wait for smiley sweetie. It took me till cd16 to get mine.
    12/12 RE IUI donor DS 313 BFN :(
    1/13 RE ICI donor DS 901A BFN :(
    2/13 RE IUI 100mg clomid and hcg trigger 24hr iui 901A BFN :(
    3/17/15 BFP

tt1c2fda.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am testing again in about an hour... so we will see....I hate how stress can mess up a cycle.. Of course, the last few months when I was not trying were perfectly fine!!!

I need a portable, home ultrasound so I can just check what is going on in there....lol
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    If we went by the lines on the smilies, we never would have gotten pregnant. Ignore the lines on the digital! Buy some cheap lined tests if you want to see how close to + you are getting. Wait for the smiley. :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    palegreen- well.. I do have a few dollar store ovulation tests...and I did one of those at the same time as smiley and the lines on the dollar tree and the smiley lines were the same, colorwise.. I have also done this before with Answer lined tests and they also correlated... but maybe that doesn't happen with everyone...
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OK... here is part 2 to the question....

What time of day do you usually get your first smiley?????

Thanks everyone for answering my thread....if it weren't for you ladies... I would be even more of a worry wort than I already am (I just wish I could stop stressing so much about this.....)

ADDED... Oh, I did not test again yet since this morning.. I think I am going to wait till 1pm, in about 20 minutes.
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    I get my smileys about 7-8pm
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OMGGGGGG!!!! I just got a smiley at 1pm...! I am so nervous b/c I haven't done this in several months... trying an at home IUI, by myself (did it once before..) Will insem now and again 12 hours later.
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good things come to those who wait!!!! Good luck. FX this is your month!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks ladies.. I am so nervous.. I am running around getting everything together like a chicken with its head cut off!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wishing you so much luck and i hope you've relaxed a bit by now. let us know how it went.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok...so, first insem is complete.

Well... since I will be a smbc, I am on my own with insems.... I tried to do an actual IUI with the catheter. Well.. I really need at least one more arm! My cervix was wide open, but for some reason when I was trying to get the catheter in their it was meeting resistance? Uh... it was hard to see and hold the flaslight and the syringe/ cath combo, so maybe the curve of the cath was hitting the inside part of the cervix.

So, I think I got some swimmers in the cervix and most just outside/ on the cervix. Boo... I wanted those darn swimmers IN the uterus.

Oh well.. I am planning to do one more vial. The first was at 2:20pm .. I had the first smiley at about 1pm (and the last smiley before that was about 8am) so I figure maybe the actual smiley was somewhere in the middle, around 10:30 or 11am.... My original plan was to do insems at pos. opk and then 12 hours later....Last month I O'd the same day as +opk.

SO, the first insem was probablly around 3 1/2 hours after opk.....Still trying to decide on exactly when I will do the second insem.

Any input would be great!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well. I have tried to put the flashlight in my mouth to have a free hand...but if I have to shine the flashlight in the mirror, it is just not enough light reflected to see anything in there. So, I hold the light, LED, and shine directly inside.

The mirror is propped up in such a way that I can change the angle if needed, with my foot.

I hope it works better the next time.. but, I know some swimmers got to where they were supposed to, b/c I feel tingly in my tubes....lol
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah.... this whole process is weird, and kind of comical really....I am just glad I got my smiley today and got to try this month, I thought it wasn't going to happen...
    Thanks, Sarah, for encouraging me to wait for the smiley!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that sounds like me moving the mirror with my foot. it's awkward and funny and i end up laughing at myself. i didn't know that about sitting on the floor Sarah. i'm going to have to try that.

i'm glad you feel good about this preciousgift. hopefully for the next one you can get a little further up the cervix.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    Sweet! Good luck to you and much baby dust! Mine came today and I will remember this Saturday or Sunday. when I'm waiting impatiently to see that smiley! Must be patient!!
    HbUym5.png
  • Options
    only_hopeonly_hope Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    This is your month Precious! Sending you lots of babydust!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks ladies~
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i'm with Sarah. i'm eager to hear about your bfp!
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thanks ladies..I think I will be in shock if it happens...just b/c this seems like such a long journey already... although I know lots of ladies have been at it longer....But, for four out of 5 times trying it was with my, now, ex boyfriend of almost 5 years. I kind of don't count those as real tries though b/c we had a sperm analysis done and he only has 2% normal morphology!!!!!! (that is not why I broke up with him.... but, everything happens for a reason, so they say)

Here's hoping we all get our bfps asap....but fist you two need that af to pay a visit!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sarah.... Do you think it is stress in your case.. I mean you seemed upset about all the military issues a bit ago....

My cycle were very regular, pretty much always 30 days long, UNTIL I started ttc! So, that can make AF shy sometimes I think... :/

I bet you will get yours soon.....try to do whatever is fun and relaxing to you... and hopefully in the next day or two the witch will appear.. so you can get onto the next cycle!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    but you had good news the other day. that's gotta count for something right? i've decided to drink some wine tonight and watch some UFC with DH.

what are you doing to relax Sarah?
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so do i. DH and i are going to watch Bones from the beginning. we have a list of shows we want to catch up on.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kstarr... after you talking about watching the business of being born.... i got it from the library and am watching it now..VERY interesting...WOw.. the home birth really did not seem that bad....
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i thought it was really good. that black lady made it look so easy. my best friend is 16 weeks along with her second and i had her watch it. she said that her OB never gave her any of the options that were in the movie. i'm glad i could educate her. the sequel is really good too. did you get that one? more business of being born is the title.
    k4xs7.jpg