Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Stark white

wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I tested with the same type/ bstch of Answer early result pregnancy test and the test was a complete BFN. I was kind of shocked because I did expect it to finally be alot darker. So I don't know if the first two test with hints of pink lines were defective or if it was a early chemical. I stopped the prometrium and just patiently waiting for the flo.
This next month I will try again with my KD , same system as before , Clomid 3-7 , 50 mg , prometrium TWW. And if that doesn't work I will talk to the Doctor about boosting the clomid up to 100mg or something.

Comments

• Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I am sorry. How many days past are you?
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    therewillbeaday93therewillbeaday93 Posts: 181
    edited November -1
    So sorry :( has AF shown up yet? I am 13 dpi and also got a bfn this morning. AF is due Monday. You're not out til AF shows up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Period was expected today and just like a clock it showed it full force this afternoon .Thats crazy that it is so regular and has been like that for years and still I have issues. Sometimes I hate my eggs, but all I need is one good one and one smart sperm.I hope we all have better luck next month!
  • Options
    therewillbeaday93therewillbeaday93 Posts: 181
    edited November -1
    Boo :( so sorry. Kmfx for you if you decide to try again!
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Bummer!!

I'm with you on the perfect, useless cycles!! Good luck for next time!!!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found out a possible reason for failing two months in a row . KD got his sperm checked this past week. Apparently he has low count and morphology problems. I don't know the count or what exactly the morphology showed. He was just told it wasn't good and what they told him didn't stick in his brain over the phone The lab will mail him the actual values in a couple days. Needless to say I am beyond devastated at this point. I am going to see if there is anything that can be done to improve the situation. I am so incredibly picky and he was the perfect donor in every way.
    I want to cry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. It's never something I've looked into, but I know there are supplements -- and even Femara is supposed to raise counts/quality.

It just depends on how much you and he want to invest in him being the donor.

At least you found out. :(
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry! Any chance of using frozen sperm?
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    aplusa wrote:
    Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. It's never something I've looked into, but I know there are supplements -- and even Femara is supposed to raise counts/quality.

It just depends on how much you and he want to invest in him being the donor.

At least you found out. :(

I didn't know femara could help.... I thought I had heard about Clomid being used for that ???

I am still so devastated. I really love him as a donor. Sometimes you hit it off with someone and you are instant friends. Well I have let him know that I will pay to have his sperm washed for IUI. I might even go so far as to use it for IVF.... way down the road. I wanted to use DH, but there were issues related to his age. My donor is still young and I just can't wrap my mind around it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jen727BF wrote:
    I am so sorry! Any chance of using frozen sperm?

It is possible.... I just am so picky.The main criteria was a donor that was healthy and produced boys,....... A tall order especially in the frozen donor sperm arena because those stats are not common knowledge
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ha! I love your criteria.

I believe Femara and Clomid can both help - but, that's a question for a RE or a urologist or ... Someone. I guess it also depends on what's "wrong" his sperm.
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It's hard once you fall in love with a donor.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah .... well i am open to suggestions. If anyone has a donor that produces boys and has blond hair let me know :)
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited February 2013
    Well, with my ex boyfriend, we had a sperm analysis done and he only had 2% normal morphology and not a high count either. My doctor said that was pretty much impossible to get pregnant with such bad numbers. The 98% of bad morphological sperm can NOT fertilize the egg... I tried several months with him before I broke up with him after a 4+ year relationship (that is not why I broke up with him- had had issues he was not willing to resolve)...so I decided to go the SMBC route and am now trying with frozen.

So, bad counts/ morphology can definitely affect your chances. Have you ever looked into Royal Jelly/ bee pollen. I think it also helps with sperm. Does he ride a bicycle a lot... ? that can also affect counts/ morphology.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ill look into the Royal jelly. I haven't heard anything from him today in spite of the fact he knows I need to know if I should take my clomid, but I suppose it wouldn't do me any good anyways.

He doesn't ride bikes. So thats not what caused the issues.As bad as this news is for me I can't imagine how bad it is for him .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a link about royal jelly

http://www.beefertile.com/both/royal-jelly.html
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Uff. Sorry for the BFN and especially this trouble. I dunno if it's helpful, but I like this site for fertility info and there's a section on male fertility here: http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/increasing-male-fertility/
    Best of luck figuring this out!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a link about royal jelly

http://www.beefertile.com/both/royal-jelly.html

Thanks Precious
    That is very interesting! I will buy some for both of us . It seems as though it is just a really healthy substance to eat even if you aren't trying to conceive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    katelm wrote:
    Uff. Sorry for the BFN and especially this trouble. I dunno if it's helpful, but I like this site for fertility info and there's a section on male fertility here: http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/increasing-male-fertility/
    Best of luck figuring this out!

Never though about his smoking
    I got him to quit a couple months ago. He was doing really good but had a week long relapse a couple weeks ago; I'll send him that link as well!
  • Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    You said that your basic criteria was a healthy donor who produced boys. so I'm guessing that means he has sons, or donor conceived boys? That tells me that his boys CAN conceieve, just maybe the odds or lowered or perhaps some environmental circumstances need to be changed. There is probably something that can be done. If it is worth some investment to continue working with him, I would go to the RE right away and see what they have to say. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Here is the link to where I got my Royal Jelly / Bee pollen. They said it is better to use the "gel" kind as opposed to pills, and especially one based in honey.

BUT, be very careful when using this, b/c you can have an allergic reaction to it (especially if you are allergic to bees/stings). They recommend that you take a TINY bit for the first day, then see if you get any rashes/ or any other sign of allergy (breathing issues, etc.)... then if not, then a little the next day... till you gradually build up to the full dose.

I have not had any reaction to it. But, just know that sometimes if you are not allergic to something right away, it can build up in your system and cause allergies later... so far so good or me.

This is the one I got
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=RJ-1034#.USlOQx132So

I have to say that I took it this cycle starting cd 4 (b/c that is when I got it) and it really evened out my pre O temps -when they were pretty erractic before- and I had real noticeable o pains, and a much bigger temp jump on the day after O!). I stopped using it after Ovulation b/c it kind of mimics estrogen.

yes, it does have a lot of general health benefits besides ttc (like great for immune system etc.).

You get free shipping if you spend at least $25.
    I got this in 2 days after ordering.
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    Uh I'm so sorry! I know how it is to fall in love with your donor! I'm assuming he has some sons based on your comment about wanting boys. Maybe just simple IUIs will work and get all the bad sperm out with the wash!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    His father was from a family of only boys, He was one of three boys. His brothers have only boys and he has a son . i mean that is a bloodline for having boys if I ever saw one :)

i have alot to process. He is very very sensitive so I imagine he is taking this incredibly hard. him and his wife had been trying for quite awhile to conceive. But I thought it was a issue that she had based on her cycles.

I think about the enviromental conditions and I am wondering if we are poisoning ourselves to extiction from all the BPA and chemicals we are exposed to.I mean neither myself or my donor have treated our bodies like temples,but for both of us to have to deal with infertility and both under 35 !? crazy!