Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

It's a Full Moon Tonight...

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Pregnancy and Babies
So I've heard that tonight is a full moon and supposedly between the change in barometric pressure and gravity there's a lot of babies born on full moons!! Has anyone heard of this before?? I'll be curious to see if this is true!! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow!

http://childbirth.amuchbetterway.com/the-moons-effect-on-natural-childbirth/

Also, my BIRTHDAY is tomorrow, so I really don't want my little one born on my b-day. It would be great if she had her OWN b-day, but we'll see what happens. You never know what could happen!

Oh, and happy early birthday GOOBIE!!

Comments

• Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    Well I really hope for your sake she doesn't decide to come today because in my experience it IS true that kids behave horribly on full moons!! Lol!! I am so not into new age stuff, but there really is something about a full moon that brings it out in them.

Just kidding about your baby though. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. If the moon can effect entire oceans, why not one little baby?
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    From what I understand, the effects of a full moon can be felt plus or minus three or four days to the actual full moon. There was a full moon on Sept. 29 2012 and my son was born on Oct. 1. I mean...his due date was also Sept 30, but still! Maybe there is something to it?

Good luck to you, whenever your baby decides to make her grand entrance. It will be so exciting!
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I've heard the same thing about full moons. Although I was told its tomorrow night, but I was outside an hour ago and it sure looked like a full moon to me. We'll see what happens!!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think I read it's actually full at 5 something in the morning of the 27th, which is EARLY tomorrow morning. No signs of baby coming yet. lol.

Interesting to think that it's possible for her to come a few days before or after a full moon. Something about those full moons...

Funny that your baby came soon after one Kate!
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    So, when I was 34 weeks during the full moon I had such painful, frequent contractions that I almost went to the hospital, and when my doctor checked me a few days later I was 3 cm. I became convinced that the baby would be born during the next full moon.

In the meantime, I did research about this phenomenon, because my DW is a L&D nurse and she and all of her coworkers swear it's true as well. Only it's completely not! There have been many, many studies conducted on this old wives tale, and when they examine the hospital census during full moons there is no detectable rise in births from any other time of the month! Weird, right?

Anyway, when I was admitted to L&D because of complications that led to my induction it was so crowded that they were using rooms on the postpartum floor for labor rooms, and guess what? It was the day of the full moon! (To be fair, there was also a blizzard warning, which was understandably making people panic) My son was born that night, at 38 weeks 3 days. Oh, and I was actually in labor on my own without the induction, so he definitely would have been born within a couple days of the full moon anyway. A friend actually reminded me that I had predicted his birthday a month before - it was the last thing on my mind at the time!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought it was an old wives tale too, but it seems that lots of women had friends who had their babies around the full moon. Maybe not such a coincidence after all? LOL. Oh by the way, no baby yet. I haven't had any contractions throughout this entire pregnancy so when she does come I'll definately know it!!
  • Options
    babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    I was born the afternoon after the full moon. My grandmother (a nurse) told my mom early on that my EDD was off and picked the 25/26 for my arrival (night of 25th was the full moon). She was right, so I am sure there is something to it.
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Any day now :):):)
  • Options
    saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    Hey, I'm still pregnant. :)

Met with our doula tonight whom is also a certified nurse midwife, and she actually swears this is true! I have also heard the same from people who work in psych wards.
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited March 2013
    LOL I just came on to wish you a happy birthday too! he full moon is tonight, and a very powerful one, fingers crossed your little one comes soon! Her own day, but soon!

Editted to add the full moon thing didn't help when I was overdue with my son, but both my girls were born near full moons, Moose a few days after and Tiny a few days before.

Alos have to add that it always cracks me up when people refer to moon cycles etc as "new age" *grin*
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    I am so excited for you! Just think how soon you'll have your little girl in your arms! It will certainly be worth all the wait.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I'm trying a few things tonight to "naturally" induce labor - raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, hot bath, etc so we'll see what happens in the morning! If this works we will now call it "mooning"!!

babydreaming - How did your grandma know the EDD was off? She must have some kind of sixth sense for that sort of thing!!

saraslee - Not sure why, but the whole bit about the psych ward made me giggle. lol. It's apparently true for babies, criminals, and psych ward patients!! lol

Goobie - I'll be curious to see if this moon thing works even though it is a bit early...lol. You just never know. She might be ready to get out of there!

JCCwill3 - I know!! It's so exciting that the time is now right around the corner! Can't wait to make that big announcement!
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Massage the spots around your ankles too, you'll know the spot when you find it, it'll be mroe tender then the surrounding area. Just behind the ankle bone and below it a bit. :)

And, as long as its not too weird for you - take a walk in the moonlight, or even go sit outside for a bit. If the moon can control the tides of all of earths waters, why not yours as well?
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Welp, I'm still pregnant. LOL. There's always tomorrow though!! Like we always said: baby won't come until she's good and ready!
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Remember only 50% of women deliver by their due date. The other half deliver sometime between 40-43 weeks. A due date is simply an estimate. Hang in there!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday! I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday and thought of you. :D

Can't wait to hear your birthing story too. She'll be here any day/week now. :D
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mommylove - Well, baby's scheduled to come a week early because of her lower fetal movements the week before last. She's been passing her NST scans, but the doctor and I both agree that it might be better to just keep the appointment. I go in to be induced Tuesday night (2nd) and she's scheduled to be born the following day, next Wed (3rd). I'd just like to coax her out without the pitocin!! But she may be stubborn.

Mel&Tara - Thank you! Can't wait to share it with you all!!