Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Need CD Rash Solution for Synthetic Fibers

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited July 2013 in Pregnancy and Babies
Ok up until now we were cool with our occational diaper rash and using Alva Baby diapers. Now that S poops several times a day as opposed to once a day, I need a new solution.

I use only Alva Baby pocket diapers for now. I was reading that even cloth diaper safe creams can cause repelling on synthetic fibers and I really want to avoid any problems. I use micro fiber towels for my cleaning work and they are really obnoxious when they repel water!

Up until now, I use only cornstarch for every change. And basically just slap on a disposable if she gets red with some butt paste and antifungal cream if it's a bad rash and the red is gone quick. Well, like I said she is getting red more often (yes even tho I change her quick). Idk if this is a phase or what. I know it's good to look into possible causes for the redness and I'm open to suggestions. However, presently I'm looking for a rash cream solution that I can use on an as needed basis. Here are my ideas, please give me yours. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed so thank you in advance for your help. I'm looking for the most simple solution do its easy for daycare. :D

-Just use liners whenever is I see red. This would mean putting a liner in the diapers I pack for daycare and I would rather not do that, of course. ;) then still use a more cd friendly cream or would it not matter??? Maybe liners won't be so bad and perhaps I will want to use them anyways for solid poops?

-Forgo the liner and use a cd friendly cream and occationally do a really good washing with Tide original or some other stripping method. I think I read this C J butt cream works good. Or maybe I can just use coconut oil - not sure if I need a liner with coconut oil???

OK, help, I don't want to waste money on stuff I might not need bu I do want to try out some different creams and not damage my diapers. Thanks! Sorry so long!!!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I can't speak from experience, but I have heard a lot of good things about Thirties Booty Love cream. It's CD friendly and all natural.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Scorpio, I'm concerned it will cause repelling because of the oil and wax. Im reading that there is andifference with safe for natural fibers and safe for syntheic. :/ So, I'm doing some searching about it. I would love for it to working great and no liner needed!!! I think it would be so great to not use liners, but I will do what I gotta do!

I also think its time for me to join some cding groups online! Im waitin to be accepted into this fb cloth diaper group.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    I do not have my LO yet, but am in many CD groups. They all recommend coconut oil for diaper rash. Hope this helps
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    ninefireflyninefirefly Posts: 137
    edited November -1
    Pumpkin Butt. They sell it at our local cloth diaper store and it is ah-mazing. Once we started using it we never had an issue and it is completely safe for clothies. I think they sell it online too...
    56mqojwp3.png
    5961vwhu7.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I use coconut oil and have never had a repelling problem with my Alvas.

And when I need to break out the big guns, I just tear and old t-shirt or receiving blanket into "liners" and toss those after, rather then risk my diapers.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, sigh of relief! I have a jar of coconut oil in her diaper changing station at home and I just put some on her bum! She's already poopied twice since we got home for the day at 3pm and they are not causing that immediate redness. She just has a very mild redness left over from a rash from yesterday or so.

I'm going to take some suggestions here, coconut oil, cotton inserts for the type of rash that requires the butt cement (desitin lol). I will be looking into the pumpkin stuff too.

Feeling much better, thank you!!! I think part of freaking out is that she had one of those horrible rashes that was making her seriously cry for diaper changes. Desitin worked fine, but I never want her to feel like that again! It was so sad. It was when I was introducing a couple new foods with out spacing them out and she didn't react to them well. Thank you!!! I'm open to more thoughts from other, too. :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    ninefireflyninefirefly Posts: 137
    edited November -1
    http://www.punkinbutt.com/Store/product_info.php?cPath=12_75&products_id=1108

Link to awesome cloth diaper site and rash medicine! Good luck!
    56mqojwp3.png
    5961vwhu7.png