Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Endo?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Anyone have endometriosis?

How was it diagnosed? via internal u/s? etc etc?

How was it treated?

Has anyone been on monthly shots of Lupron for endo.. without having laproscopic surgery?

Have you had the laproscopic surgery? Did it help you get pregnant (if you have kids already)? How was the recovery fromt the surgery?

How did the monthly lupron shots affect your cycle?

How long after the last lupron shot did you ttc?
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    My sister had endometriosis at 17. It was diagnosed by internal ultrasounds and some very uncomfortable pushing amid prodding. It was pretty severe and her doctor wasn't sure if she would be able to have kids, but it cleared up right away with some basic birth control l - cant remember for how long, but I think about six months? She went off it and got pregnant with my oldest nephew right away. Three pregnancies later and it has never returned.
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    My sister also has it. She had a lap and was then on bc pills for a several years. When her pain started to return she went off the pill to prepare for another lap. When they did her pre op blood work she was pregnant. Oops :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    Shanny - did the pregnancy help her endo? Ive heard lots of cases where it does. My sister is convinced that getting pregnant So soon after is why hers never came back - but of course, who knows? :-)
  • Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    I had the lap. Surgrey. Two years ago. They found it soo bad it was rapped around my Bladder. The surgrey was pretty successful. My recovery time was long if u want nasty tmi details pm me. (My incision site got infected).
    I have not got a bfp yet. I was not on anything like birth control. I think its coming back because my cramps are getting so bad I cry when I have a b. M. Sorry for tmi.
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    I have what my dr called intramuscular endo. I don't have any scar tissue on the outside, but it's stuck in the muscle layer? I guess that's the best way to explain it. Mine was diagnosed via a laproscopy. That was in April and we've tried every cycle since then with clomid and it hasn't worked. I believe we are now moving onto embryo donation.

I thought I would be able to get pregnant with no issues since I got pregnant my first and second time without even trying. I have heard though once you do finally get pregnant getting pregnant shortly after is usually happens. My Dr said that getting pregnant would actually help my issue because it would cause my uterus to expand and that would release the trapped tissue or something. Meh, now if only I could get pregnant. :/

If you want to chat some more feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    Holy cow! My mind is blown! Some of you might have already known this, but I didn't. I knew endo made it harder to get pregnant but I didn't understand why. Now I do. I really wish I would have known this beforehand, I wouldn't have spent the past year and a half trying to get pregnant via ICI and IUI. Take some time to look around this site. My mind is blown! lol

http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/endometriosis-and-infertility-common-misconceptions/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you for all the great info ladies! :D

yes, i had recently found out that endo also basically causes a toxic uterus. thanks for that link allthingslucky.

if anyone has any more info... pls keep feel free to add it!

I have no idea why no doc has suggested this as a cause of my issues.... i mean i have had sypmtoms for a long time. may be doing surgery soon. scares the heck out of me!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wannaB.... so does that mean if one was doing ivf, that the eggs would not be damaged since they are not being released, just collected? How long did it take to recover from the laproscopy?

I do.
    Mine was diagnosed with a laparoscopy and some adhesions were taken out. The laparoscopy wasn't bad itself but because they fill your abdomen with air they cannot get all the air out so I was in a lot of pain in my ribs from the air moving up for a few days. The pain meds were very much needed for a few days. And then after that I was just sore.
    There is not really a treatment to get rid of it. If you are not TTC you should be on birth control to help it from getting worse. I don't know much about the Lupron shots for it. If you have Endo, no matter how bad each month it releases toxins and damages the eggs once they are released from the follicles and are going into the fallopian tubes so if you are not getting pregnant (not saying that you cannot get pregnant with endo but it does make it harder) than it is very possible that the toxins are damaging your eggs and then they are unable to make a good embryo. Also 3 - 5% of people with Endo also have elevated natural killer cells which is an auto immune problem which causes your body to attack a pregnancy and you will miscarry. If you want more info I would be happy to share.

BTW I have elevated natural killer cells because of the endo. And I have to be treated with steroids and IV intra lipids to try and get my body from rejecting a pregnancy.
    lg2wm5.png