Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pre-insemination Trial Run

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I did my first trial run today, in preparation for at home insemination. I don't have a partner and will be doing the insem by myself. For those who have done it alone, were you able to actually see the cervix once you put in the speculum? I used a mirror and flashlight and I was able to see fairly well. However, I didn't actually SEE my cervix. Granted, I'm on CD 21 and when I felt for it, it was pretty low. That might be the reason???

I followed others advice and put in the speculum upside down. I didn't practice with the syringe this time but next weekend I plan to try with preseed. Maybe I'll be able to see it then.

Also, I used the instead cup for the first time and it was really weird. The box says I shouldn't feel it and I didn't. But, when I put it in and when I pulled it out it felt like it had been in sideways. The directions say it takes a few tries but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on using the cups.

Side question: When I feel for my cervix I consider back/rear as low and front/toward stomach as high. Is this correct? It's much harder for me to feel for it during the latter part of the month.
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+

Comments

• Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Hi. First off if you are doing an IUI do not use preseed. That only stay in the vagina.

And, I tried very hard to find my own cervix with speculum, and I couldn't. I needed some help. GL!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    It took a few tries but yyou should be able to see your cervix. Try different angles and leg position.
    Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.