Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anybody have a vial of 4709 IUI?

ctespinosactespinosa Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Anybody, PLEASE, have a vial or two of 4709 they are willing to release? We are planning our first try at the end of next week and were surprised to find that all 40 IUI are in storage! We would very much appreciate some help in starting our family, and this donor seems the perfect one for us.

Thank you thank you!

ctespinosa@gmail.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Is this your first time TTC? Or do you have kids by 4709? If not, why the big request for him and not find an in-stock donor?
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    ctespinosactespinosa Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First time TTC, actually had 5 donors picked and they are all in quarantine, and really had our mind made up on him! Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I don't even see him in the online catalog! How do you know his specifics? Was he listed recently, then was taken off?

My $.02 on donors: you will get the baby you are meant to have, and it will be the perfect baby to you. Sperm is just necessary DNA that is an ingredient for the recipe for a baby. I understand you would want to pick someone with certain hair/eye/skin color to match your partner's or yours, but beyond that....there is no guarantee that just because the donor you pick has a kind disposition, or loves animals, or is an engineer, that your baby will be kind and easygoing, or like animals, or be smart. A lot of it has to do with the environment they are raised in. And they will inherit just as much from you. Just because a donor has a great health history and no family history of autoimmune disease or cancer, etc on either side, does not mean that they will be super healthy. It's all a crap shoot. So I say, widen your criteria for choosing a donor if the one(s) you've picked are not available.

You may end up switching donors after a few tries anyway, as many people suggest after 3-4 unsuccessful tries. Or you may find a few vials of the do or you want, but then they run out and you have to pick a new donor anyway.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    ctespinosa wrote:
    First time TTC, actually had 5 donors picked and they are all in quarantine, and really had our mind made up on him! Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

That stinks! But I have to agree with Scorpio. Give the swimmer list another look over. ;) I'm sure you will find something in stock! I wouldn't go crazy searching for out-of-stock swimmers if you are TTC #1. Too much added stress. Lord knows this is stressful enough! Haha Good luck!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    xxluvmyfiremanxxxxluvmyfiremanxx Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    Don't get your heart to set on any one donor I learned this the hard way. My dh and I fell in LOVE with a donor at a different bank. His baby picture looked just like my Dh. We bought 8 vials just knowing it would happen and have extra to spare. I got to know others who used him and see what their kids looked like and imagined having kids similar to theirs. It was perfect, only it never happened. 8 vials later we only had 1 chemical to show and the donor maxed out on familys. since I haven't found a donor I love like that donor but instead have opted to aim for donors who have more success. Someone told me that their doctor only allows them to use the same donor 3 months then they have to switch as it could be the sperm is not compatible with your eggs. I think this is GREAT advice and plan on using it myself. Good luck!!!