Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I don't know what this is

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
For the last several days I have had an aching feeling mostly on my right side and every once in a while mild cramping. Then it goes away for a while and comes back. From the descriptions other people posted it doesn't sound like implantation cramping. My pain started about 12 hours after I did my IVI (the next morning).

From what I understand implantation cramping happens after several days. I'm 6 dpi. I know it's nothing wrong with the insemination. I didn't go into the cervix/uterus. I just deposited the sperm close to the cervix. The pain isn't sharp. It's just like a dull aching that sometimes increases then decreases then goes away and then comes back.

Just to give a little history I don't get AF cramps, I barely get PMS symptoms. Sometimes my boobs get sore and that's it. I don't think I've ever felt myself ovulate or at least never noticed it. When I had my u/s on CD 12 the doc told me that I had one big follicle on the right and two good ones on the left. She said the one on the right was the dominant one and would be the one to most likely get fertilized.

Could it be that since I had the 50 mg clomid that I'm finally able to feel myself O? If that's the case, why do I still feel it?
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I think being more aware of what your body is doing makes these things more noticeable. I do think Clomid does make you more achy. I always say I know exactly where my ovaries and uterus are now. I hope all this means you have your bfp.
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    It very well could be implantation cramps. Since you don't get AF cramps, you wouldn't know what they feel like, really. I had cramping off and on from 1dp5dt (so 6dpo) through aftery BFP.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I had that my first few insemination cycles. I never figured out what it was and it went away each time when my period arrived. I assume that it could have been some sort of reaction to the sperm... But never did find out and it gradually got better each cycle.

Or maybe I got better at ignoring the cramping? Who knows.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    After i did an at home ici my side was aching badly. I get ovulation pains and that is what it felt like to me. Like those spermies were headed right to my fallopian tubes. I had that when I did the second one too. Unfortunately I miscarried but it had more to do with implantation since I have scarring from having some fibroids removed. I hope to have better luck this time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I was kinda worried but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time. Just a few more days to go. The day I insemed I told myself I would wait until 14dpi to test. Now, I'm struggling to make it to 12dpi. Since I had the trigger shot I don't want to test too early and get a false positive. AAGGGHHH. I need a magic wand. :D
  • Options
    kk6021kk6021 Posts: 23
    edited November -1
    It is probably a corpus luteum cyst on your ovary. Might have been triggered by the Clomid or they increase with age.
  • Options
    starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Or maybe you are just pregnant:)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm still having the mild cramping and achiness but it's not as often. I've never had anything like this before but I'm thinking it was the clomid. When I had my u/s the doc said I had several small follicles on both sides. Maybe that's it. Who knows. I want a BFP but still trying not to get too optimistic. I know it's rare to get a BFP on your first insemination cycle.
  • Options
    jackiex2jackiex2 Posts: 85
    edited November -1
    Rare but not unheard of.
    Good luck to you!!!
    ici's over the last 2-3 years, all bfn one chemical- took a break.
    08/2013: clomid 50, didn't ovulate. bfn 09/2013: raised clomid to 100, Bfn
    March & April /2014: clomid 150 and 200, good ovulations, two chemicals
    July 2014: femara 5mg bfn September 2014 femara 7.5 chemical
    October 2014 combined cycle femara 7.5 + bravelle 75 TWW
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's gotten weirder. I still have the mild cramping and achyness but now I've started spotting...only it's reddish brown. So, I tested with one of those Wondfo strips and it was negative. I'm 12dpi so I would think I'd get a light positive at this point. I'm supposed to start AF on Friday so I think it's just AF 2 days early. It's just so crazy. I got sore boobs but it only lasted a few hours. Now, I'm having a mild acne breakout - which I never get. What the heck is going on!!!!

If it is AF it works out better timing for next month's insemination since I have to travel for business on the day I inseminate. That's cutting it close but I don't want to skip a month. I guess I'll give it till the morning before deciding for sure it's a BFN. I'll see how the spotting is and test with the FRER strips.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's a BFN for sure. I'm sad but not surprised. I thought AF was starting but in the middle of the night I started bleeding really heavy and the cramping has increased slightly. Every time I go to the bathroom there are pieces of thick tissue on the toilet paper. I'm actually getting worried. It's been going like crazy all day and if it doesn't slow down by tomorrow I think I'll call the doc for advice.

Tonight I was at a dinner with a co-worker who is two weeks from her delivery date. I am really excited for her. She had a miscarriage a while ago and this pregnancy is such a big deal. But, I sat there bleeding and sad for me. Hopefully the time will come when I'm two weeks away from MY delivery date.

Baby dust to us all!!!
  • Options
    2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    Good luck on your next TTC!! You'll get there soon enough :)
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png