Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Talk to me about preseed and the cups please!

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So I haven't posted a lot here but I have been reading. It's just been so busy between family visits and trips across the country, and just everything so I try to post when I can. We've done two tries since our mc and now we are getting ready for our third. The first time some of it leaked back out, the second time DW couldn't help but pass gas (tmi sorry) and it leaked back out, and now here we are at try number three. DW hasn't been getting as wet, so we are wondering about using preseed. It's also come to our attention because in the last few weeks I have come across preseed in the store, prior to this I have only ever seen it online. So I feel like maybe it's a sign we should try it. My hesitation is that I'm afraid what if it makes it all too slippery in there and the swimmers just leak back out again ?

DW mentioned maybe we should try using the cup they have in the kits, we've never done that. If so, we were thinking maybe of doing it where I use preseed and put 'em at the cervix, and then put the cup in Or would that not be good and should we just do it where she puts the cup in? Or well, yeah, can you ladies please give us some advice if you've used the cup and what's worked/not worked for you?

We're also getting a bit worried because we are down to our last two vials. There's a potential that our guy might be back and we can get more, but if so those vials are still at least 6 months away. We do one ICI vial at a time since that's what got us both DS and our angel baby. We feel pretty confident on the timing, it's just trying to keep the swimmers in there that has seemed to be an issue. Plus wondering if maybe there should be more wetness going on. Any thoughts, advice, etc we're open to hearing it!?

Thanks!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    No advice on preseed, but we did use the cups. What we found worked best was if Tim aimed the swimmies at my cervix (tip of syringe JUST inside os) pushed them in slowly, then he held my ankles up and apart while I stuffed the cup in still in my bum-in-the-air position... voila, no spillage, ever!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    it hasn't worked yet for me, but i haven't had any spillage with the cups. to get yourself comfortable with it, maybe put some preseed in your DW with one of the syringes that comes with it. then put a cup in. good luck!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited September 2013
    I second previous posters but wanna add one thing.... I like to load an applicator of preseed inside of myself while the vial defrosts. Then, I'll pull up a little preseed, the semen, and the a little more preseeed. Insert syringe and deposit the swim team, then coat the bottom of the cup with preseed.

Yes, you'll be swimming in it. But it can't hurt right? Also hasn't worked for me yet, but I like to keep hope alive. GL to you!
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used pre-seed and got pregnant the first try with my oldest - I also used the instead cup ! I would suck up a little bit of preseed , then suck up the swim team - I would then put a little bit in the instead cup . I would get the syringe as close as I could to my cervix and release them slowly - then put the instead cup in while still lying down (practice before the real thing) I would leave the cup in for about 4 hours - a little preseed goes a LONG way ! I also read it helps the swimmers last longer ;) Good Luck !!!
  • TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    We used both the pre-seed and the instead cup. We sucked some of the pre-seed into the syringe, the pulled the swimmers in with it. Once all was inserted into me, I grabbed the instead cup and put it in place. I admit to hating those things, and it took me a couple of tries before getting it in to where I couldn't feel it... but no leakage at all! Good luck!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Cool thanks for the help everyone! One question, and maybe the box answers this, it's still on the way so i dunno. But do you warm up the preseed before using it? I mean like warm the amount you are using in your hand? Or is just room temp okay?
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i've never warmed it up. i keep it in my nightstand, so it's always room temperature. the only thing i remember is the package saying not to use the syringes it comes with more than once.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Nope never warmed either.