Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Super ovulation!?!

islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Yesterday at my RE appointment the sonogram showed that I had a massive Ovulation. MyRE said it appeared as if I had taken meds for hyperstimulating O, but I have never taken anything. I explained that my O is very painful very month, lasting 5-8 hours. Ouch!!

Anyhow, he measured 4 cysts, or large follicles and said the ovary is enlarged. However, my labs showed that my FSH levels were very high. This doesn't jive with him so I have to repeat the labs next cycle.

Has anyone had this?? I was hoping that he would read my labs and say we are good!! I'm feeling pretty worried now. Any thoughts?
6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!

Comments

• Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    That is crazy! So he's basically saying you had 4 good follicles that ovulated? And you weren't on Clomid or injectables? It makes sense that your FSH would be high, then. Is he going to monitor you more closely this cycle to see if you are doing this regularly?
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    Thanks for answering Scorpio! I've never taken meds at all!! Mmmmmm....... I didn't ask if all had ovulated, but he did say that this was one "super ovulation" and no wonder I had so much pain. So I assume, maybe?? My FSH was taken on cd3 so that's why he's concerned. He says that's not typical for a 37 yr old.

I started to google all of this and now I'm depressed thinking maybe bad quality eggs. Who knows! I'll repeat the same labs next cd3 and have a sonogram that day as well.
    6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
    FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
    Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!
  • Options
    homebirthmomhomebirthmom Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    I have something similar. my FSH was high on day 3 and for my age. and nearly every cycle I had major pain where its even uncomfy to sit. Im sure I do ovulate at times since I have children and several chemical pregnancies...
    Im not sure what causes this either. I would LOVE to know.