Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

For those that have used a kd and a larger syringe

hopefulltwohopefulltwo Posts: 303
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok tmi warning. We have started using a kd. The last two donations have still been a little like ewcm. I remember reading somewhere it is supposed to liquefy? Most does but then there is a part that...ick. Is this normal or are we not letting it sit long enough? Our donor is nice enough to deliver to us, so I know its fresh. And we did the testing and such so its safe as well. s/n - I can't believe how squeamish I am about fresh sperm. Frozen not and issue. This insem I was like ewwww. lol Onto my next question...We seem to have an issue with leakage when taking out the larger syringe? I believe they are 3ml, I only have one left for tonight. So any thoughts if I should use a smaller size or???
Feb '13 - BFN March '13 - BFN
April '13 - extra af - bfn ( i still think the smiley lied) reg. af - bfn
June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
Nov '13 - well af showed a week early-BFN
Dec '13 - BFN Jan '14 - BFN
ah Feb '14 BFPPP!!!!! Expecting him to arrive around November tenth.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    irisgrace61irisgrace61 Posts: 203
    edited November -1
    are you using a catheter on the end of the syringe? or just the syringe? how long is the syringe?

We did not have leakage during the insem, but b/c the quantity of the sample is larger than frozen, we have leakage after getting up and moving around for a while - :/

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No catheter and I'm not sure on the length. I just ordered 3ml syringes with removable needle(at the time we were using frozen and the needle was good for getting it out of the vial). We have leakage when we take it out. Hoping to prevent this in tonight's insem as I am sure that today is ovulation day.
    June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
  • Options
    river78river78 Posts: 125
    edited November -1
    we used a kd whos sample was really thick and we didnt get much to work with either. wonder what causes that? also i dont really remember if we leaked after insem now i am worried we might have.
    TTC #1 May 2011-Chemical pregnancy TTC #2 Nov 2011-BFN TTC #3 May 2012-BFN TTC #4 Aug 2013-BFN #5 Sept 2013-BFN

dpo-1379048400z8z28z14.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I leaked After insem & still got pg ... i leaked enough that it was like I peed my pants ...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    are your hips really high, during insem? maybe gravity will help avoid leakage during ...
  • Options
    single31single31 Posts: 95
    edited November -1
    I was using a KD a couple years ago, he was a friend that I trusted, and knew for a long time. I to had some trouble using the fresh sample, I could never figure out what it was, but when it came down to actually putting it in there I would get a little queasy! lol I thought it was just me. As for the syringe, that's all I was using, and I always had a lot of leakage, I would try to lay with hips elevated as long as possible, but could never make it for more than an hour, before I just HAD to get up and pee. I would loose most of it that way. Finally a friend of mine suggested that I "wasn't getting it far enough up there" (her words) :) so the next time I tried I used a catheter, I was afraid of wasting the part of the sample that gets stuck in the catheter so I made sure to get the preseed in the syringe first so that all the sperm would make it in. I also found I had no leakage with this method, and I didn't feel the almost instant urge to pee, after staying elevated for 2 hours, I rolled over and went right to sleep. I think using the bigger syringe by itself is just more evasive and makes it easier for the stuff to escape, and the catheter is much smaller which also means its easier not to go to fast which can cause the sperm to bounce off the cervix, and leak back out. This worked for me the first time I tried it, and I had been trying for 3 years, so I hope this helps in some way. Best of luck and baby dust to you!
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Sometimes the leakage is the stuff that gets "washed" in a lab and it's not the actual sperm coming out. Sperm contains prostaglandins, which loosens CM and causes everything to bemore watery so that the little guys can swim through. So if you're noticing leakage after you get up to pee or whatever, it's probably just extra CM and the liquid part of semen.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies. I hope we can do better tonight. Told dp we are putting her legs on the wall if we have too. lol
  • Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I used a known donor when I conceived my son and I only laid down for 10-15 minutes and always had leakage. I still got pregnant though. :)
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx