Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Three Weeks Old and Home!

aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Thank you all so much for all the love and positive thoughts for the babies!

We brought them home on Tuesday - three weeks to the day since I had entered the hospital.

Little Luca left the hospital at 5 pounds, 2.5 ounces and was up to 5 pounds, 7.5 ounces at his Thursday pediatrician appointment. Oliver was 6 pounds, 1.5 ounces when we left and 6 pounds, 4 ounces at the pediatrician.

In order to graduate from the special care nursery, the babies had to finish all their bottles at each meal. I have been exclusively pumping and am pleased to say I have quite a built up supply. Since being home we've been working more on nursing and they are doing so well!!

They do have a little supplement added to their breast milk to add calories, but otherwise they are perfectly healthy. They're just a little early. :)

I'll share some more pictures soon. We just got a new camera and are excited for their first non-iPhone photo shoot!!
7NZpm4.png
Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger

Comments

• Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    It is so wonderful that they are home! They are simply adorable and I love seeing their pics on FB.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I am so glad everyone is doing so well. Congrats again!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yay for Oliver and Luca! I'm happy they are doing so well!
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    That's really great! So, I'm wondering if you figured out anything with the twins situation, I found the whole thing very interesting! I seem to recall it was a mystery how it happened and I forget if they are identical twins or what. Thanks!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your good news. I'm so happy for all of you that your boys are healthy, growing, and now home.
  • Options
    summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Yea! Wonderful news!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Scifimom- we have definitely given them pretty thorough once overs. Other than the obvious size difference, they have the same ears, same crooked little nose/nostrils, same hair and hair pattern, same eyes, same hands, etc etc.

We will still have them formally tested by DNA to confirm they are identical, but it's looking like they are. So the exciting part is, if they are identical, they are part of a handful of IVF 5-day transfers that produced identical twins with two placentas. We will be speaking with our RE as this changes the thinking on early development of identical twins in the womb and/or shows that something really strange happens during IVF. :)

We will be excited to get the results, but probably won't test them for a while as the most common test requires a skin scraping in their mouth and I'd like their mouths to be a bit bigger.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    irisgrace61irisgrace61 Posts: 203
    edited November -1
    wonderful!!! so happy for all of you!!!
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing the info. Enjoy the mystery and the itty bitty mouths! Awwww!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Glad everyone is home and doing so well!
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    So happy to hear everyone is home save and sound!!!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    So happy to hear they are both doing well!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    I'm so happy to hear they are home. Congrats! :D
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png