Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

A funny thing happened on the way to the cryobank

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
When I went online to order my sperm this month one of my top donors was available and I ordered 1 vial. Everything was fine. Then, at midnight I jerked awake because I realized I put the wrong shipping address. I no longer have it shipped to my home. The last 2 months I had the dewar held at UPS. It makes everything so much better - way less stressful since I'm not looking out the window every 2 minutes for the UPS truck. Anyway, I called NW today to change my shipping address and they tell me there is a hold because there was something wrong with my order.

It turns out that my donor was sold out even though I was able to buy him. There is apparently a glitch in the system. During the week it's not a problem because they update stock daily. However, over the weekends and on Mondays the system isn't as accurate. So, I had to pick another donor while on the phone changing my shipping address. It's a good thing I keep a list with my donor rankings.
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bummer that it didnt work out with your favorite donor!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Sorry it didn't work out for your favorite donor, but just to say when we called to order way back during ttc'ing our son, we ended up with our third choice due to stock issues... and honestly I am so glad we did. We couldn't be happier with the most amazing little guy that we have! So maybe it's a good thing in disguise! :-D FX and sticky baby dust for you!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • Options
    OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Also, just to mention, I believe (and I could be wrong) but I believe you can put the hold at UPS through UPS after the package has started it's shipping. So if you forget and want to change that you can do it through them. I am not sure if it costs or not, but I am pretty sure I saw that recently as an option when I was tracking mine. :cool:
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Bummer on not getting your first choice of donor but glad you got that shipping worked out...good luck!