Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 546A

heather.cvtheather.cvt Posts: 75
edited December 2013 in Trying to Conceive
Has anyone used this donor or have any extended information they would share? Thanks in advance.
TTC #1 Since December 2013
2 at home with clomid--BFN
2 tries at RE with clomid--BFN
2 tries at RE with femera---BFN
IVF in February
Egg retreival 3-2-15, 3 day transfer 3-5-15, two embryos
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tattoofan24tattoofan24 Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    I bought three vials from 546A a few weeks ago. It is looking like my IUI will be on Sunday. I can let you know after what the count was and motility. I don't have the extended profile at this time. If I get pregnant, then we will probably buy it.
    Attempted the TTC game from 2013-2015 with much heartache and one c/p. Pulled out almost all the stops, including two fresh IVF cycles and two frozen. Diagnosed with endometriosis and have had two surgeries since 2013.

Fast forward three years and a divorce later, my girlfriend and I are holding out hope that it just wasn't meant to be for me in my previous life and we're giving it a go at home. Maybe we are crazy, but we sure do have some hope.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just as an update, I won't be having an IUI this month. I responded very well to my Gonal-F injects and my ovaries produced too many mature follicles for a safe IUI cycle. Sorry that I can't let you know what the numbers are at this point. I'm not sure if we're going to do another IUI cycle or try for an IVF cycle. If you want, I can keep you updated when the time comes.

My RE's office tells us how many sperm were in the sample to begin with, how many survived the thaw and also rates their motility on a scale of 0-4, 0 being not good and 4 being excellent. Based on Potandlid's post, I'm thinking the numbers will be excellent.
    Attempted the TTC game from 2013-2015 with much heartache and one c/p. Pulled out almost all the stops, including two fresh IVF cycles and two frozen. Diagnosed with endometriosis and have had two surgeries since 2013.

Fast forward three years and a divorce later, my girlfriend and I are holding out hope that it just wasn't meant to be for me in my previous life and we're giving it a go at home. Maybe we are crazy, but we sure do have some hope.
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    He has a great profile. I'd so use him!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    heather.cvtheather.cvt Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! We purhased some vials and will be trying our first time this month. I will post updates!
    TTC #1 Since December 2013
    2 at home with clomid--BFN
    2 tries at RE with clomid--BFN
    2 tries at RE with femera---BFN
    IVF in February
    Egg retreival 3-2-15, 3 day transfer 3-5-15, two embryos
  • Options
    Charlyn13Charlyn13 Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    I used him today and my doctor was not pleased with his post wash numbers. Less than 1million swimmers. The collection date was from Nov 2011.
  • Options
    GusGus2009GusGus2009 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Charlyn13- I just bought some of this donors. Do you have anymore information? I'm really disappointed to hear about the less than one million swimmer. Did you buy the ICI or IUI? Any info about motility? Thanks for any information!
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before we bought this donor I looked him up in the search bar and no one has EVER complained about him having a low count. Everyone has said that went to doctors that they were very pleased with his counts and motility. Not saying anyone's lying but one person saying they had a vial with a very low count shouldn't deter anyone from using him. Now if it was an issue that was constantly being brought up then I would be concerned. I strictly used IVF-IUI vials and one of his vials had 19 million which is just under a guarantee for a standard vial.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    GusGus2009GusGus2009 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Before we bought this donor I looked him up in the search bar and no one has EVER complained about him having a low count. Everyone has said that went to doctors that they were very pleased with his counts and motility. Not saying anyone's lying but one person saying they had a vial with a very low count shouldn't deter anyone from using him. Now if it was an issue that was constantly being brought up then I would be concerned. I strictly used IVF-IUI vials and one of his vials had 19 million which is just under a guarantee for a standard vial.

Thank you very much for the info!! I'm new to this site and I'm trying to take all the numbers/statistics/percentages/ICI or IUI all with a grain of salt!
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GusGus- oh no problem. I completely understand. We've all been new at one point or another so I understand you wanting to get every little piece of info possible. I just didn't want one bad vial scaring you away. We are actually using him tomorrow and his counts were good in his IVF-IUI vial I received.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought three vials back in December. We have used two so far. The first one was 100 million post thaw and the second was 47 million post thaw. The first one ended in a chemical pregnancy. We are set to use the third vial in about a week. Our nurses have been very happy with both vials we used so far.

• Options
    2mommies70782mommies7078 Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    I bought three vials back in December. We have used two so far. The first one was 100 million post thaw and the second was 47 million post thaw. The first one ended in a chemical pregnancy. We are set to use the third vial in about a week. Our nurses have been very happy with both vials we used so far.

Hey tattoofan24, we just bought two vials ourselves. They are currently in our guest bathroom waiting for me to get my positive surge before we try a second at home insemination. I'll keep you posted on what happens. If I get pregnant I'm buying the extended profile and don't mind sharing it. Hopefully we get our BFP's soon :)
    39 TTC baby # 1 for 4 years. Starting IVF in January.
  • Options
    Charlyn13Charlyn13 Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the delayed response but I was very disappointed. Here are the specific numbers: thawed: concentration 40mil w/13% fast motility, total fast motile sperm 4.16mil

And now the numbers that disappointed:
    Post wash: concentration 2.5mil w/66% fast motility, total fast sperm only 0.94mil (this number is what my dr was worried about)

Collection date was nov/2011. I used donor 6714 my previous 3 tries and his numbers were much better. Only switched bc my partner had a 3strikes and you're out rule in her head!

This was my 4th attempt (1st w/this donor) and now we're taking a break for the summer
  • Options
    2mommies70782mommies7078 Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    @ Charlyn13 that's very upsetting to hear. We just did back to back ICI insemination with him just last weekend. Ours was also back in 2011. I was really hoping for a good outcome but not feeling all warm and fuzzy now.
    Thank you for letting us know this information. I'm hoping it works but. to feeling very optimistic now. :( 2mommies7078
    39 TTC baby # 1 for 4 years. Starting IVF in January.
  • Options
    LOWIFEYLOWIFEY Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello ladies, we got pregnant our first try with this donor ici/ivf vial at home it ended with a ectopic but we have 2 more vial we are using in a few months. We are very satisfied with this donor. Baby dust to everyone.
    GOD CAN And HE WILL
    PRAY about EVERYTHING. WORRY about NOTHING