Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Is it alright if I whine a bit?

katookatoo Posts: 324
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I feel bad for my wife as she is the only one who has to hear my constants sighs and moans. Morning sickness sucks, and I'm lucky enough to not even be barfing (so far). Mine seems worse in the evening, although that is possibly related to the fact that I am now taking my prenatal vitamin in the evening. When I was taking it in the morning my morning sickness was worse in the AM. Ugh, right now I am starving, but I also feel so nauseous at the same time--it's so frustrating! I will be famished and then eat two bites and feel so ill. Up until tonight I kept saying, "Yeah, the prenatal makes me feel gross, but it's tolerable." But tonight I'm feeling so gross already I don't want to go near the prenatal. I just want to go to bed, but I'm procrastinating to put more time between me and the vitamin. Someone please call me a wah-mbulance.

Comments

• Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited January 2014
    Try switching prenatals if it's bothering you so much. I love mine! It's called OB Complete Petite. It tastes like Advil coating (candy) when you swallow it. There's NO aftertaste and nothing if you burp. And it's small too! GL and feel better!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    PotandlidPotandlid Posts: 350
    edited November -1
    I agree. I take a gummy prenatal and it's like candy. I have to restrain myself to not eat more. Mind you, this could still change but I was having problems with feeling sick and the big pill and switching to the gummy solved that.
    August arrived 10/2/14.
    c11a0a2c-f693-4313-b267-ad5fc4be924e_zpsgcimgwso.jpg

Follow our journey at: www.potandlidmakekid.wordpress.com
  • Options
    ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Morning sickness sucks. I'm so sorry you're experiencing it. It's just dreadful. I was constantly nauseous from 6 weeks until 21 weeks (and like you it was always worse at night). I was also vomiting 7+ times a day. I started going to acupuncture then my nausea has drastically improved as long as I go to regular treatments.

I am now almost 29 weeks and I still get sick a few times a week, but it's nothing like before. I get sick and then instantly feel better.

Try all you can to eliminate the feeling (I am sure you've tried all the remedies at this point). But, know that if you can't, you'll find a way to adapt. It doesn't last forever; but it feels like it does.

Feel better!
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I took mine right at bedtime so that helped.

The gummy ones are great for morning sickness since taking pills would often make me gag & throw them back up but gummy ones don't have enough iron so its not recommended to take the entire pregnancy. My dr said just on days or even weeks or the first few months if needed. They are too much like candy so they put iron limits on them incase kids get into them.
  • Options
    gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I take the gummies too. I was still sick for the first 20 weeks, and now again starting at 34 week. Switching to them helped a lot. The iron content is what can make people feel even worse. As long as you aren't anemic and eat a diet with other iron sources, I wouldn't worry about supplementing til you feel better. Cooking in a cast iron skillet can help too. I haven't taken iron supplements this entire pregnancy and all my blood work has show great iron levels. The gummies are also missing calcium, but you can get that through food, or tums since you are already feeling sick.
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    gprime11 and readytotry--I am sorry you are both so sick! My sister had hg too. I think I would just curl up in a ball and die, but I suppose I'd find a way to cope if I was in the same boat. It must be absolutely awful though. I'm such a wimp about tummy issues--I hate/fear throwing up. I'm going to buy some gummies today, and then ask the RE if there's an even better option when I see him on Tuesday. I was doing accupuncture, but I skipped it last week. I guess I better get back on that train--I will schedule my next appointment now.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I recommend taking your vitamins with your biggest meal, so probably dinner. Also, if you are diligent with not ever letting your stomach get empty and never getting to the more point where you are more than just a little bit hungry it helps A LOT. I was nauseous 24/7 from week 6-13 with both pregnancies but if I grazed all day long it made it more tolerable. I only actually vomited a couple times and it was from gagging while brushing my teeth all but one random time, but I was nonstop nauseous. It also helped with my first, where the nausea was worse, if I chewed regular bubble gum flavored gum. I couldn't tolerate mint or fruit but regular gum was a savior. You could also try preggie pops, sea bands, vitamin B6 and ginger.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu