Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IUI by yourself

FloJoeOreoFloJoeOreo Posts: 17
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Has anyone done an IUI by themselves? My DH is probably going to be out of town the night I will need to inseminate and I was wondering if it was even possible to do an iui on your own. I've felt my own cervix a hundred times, how hard could it be to get the catheter in the hole??
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mj724mj724 Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    I did mine on my own. It was tricky, but I got my bfp. I just made sure I had everything laid out and ready to go. Balancing the flashlight was the trickiest lol. I know some people use headlamps. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I have my daughter from doing an IUI on my own. Maybe practice with a mirror and your speculum looking for the cervix before go time.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    FloJoeOreoFloJoeOreo Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    Good call on the practicing ahead of time. I got everything set up and did a trial run tonight. It was pretty hilarious but I was able to see everything.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    wateringcan7wateringcan7 Posts: 200
    edited November -1
    i did mine alone and found that is was worth the $20 from amazon to get a spetulum with a light on it..i can't begin to tell you how much that helped
    #1 IUI 11/19/13 unmedicated BFN
    #2 IUI 12/22/13 clomid 50 mg day 3-7 BFN #3 IUI 12/23/13 BFN
    #4 IUI 2/14/14 unmedicated BFN

th_image-9.jpg