Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Amazing Cervix

SpermShopperSpermShopper Posts: 33
edited March 2014 in Trying to Conceive
I’m so excited :D. I used a speculum and saw my cervix for the first time ever yesterday. However, I couldn't see much of the cervix os (TMI alert) as it was covered in blood (TMI alert ends). So at first, I was worried :| I somehow hurt my cervix/vagina inserting and opening the speculum since it was cycle day 11. After carefully thinking about it, I realize it’s probably not that easy to damage my cervix/vagina given the technicalities of intercourse. After overcoming the first timer shock and worry, I checked it again 12 hrs later on cycle day 12. (TMI alert) There wasn't really any blood present (TMI alert ends) and I could see the os and it was open. It was so amazing to see.
TTC#1-April 2014 BFN
TTC#2-May 2014 BFN
TTC#3-March 2015 BFN
TTC#4-Sept 2015 BFN
TTC#5-March 2017 ???
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    FloJoeOreoFloJoeOreo Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    I was pretty amazed at my own cervix too. There were times that I thought I should be ovulating and when I looked, it was closed up tight. Actually visualizing the cervix was very informative and helped me figure out when I was most fertile.
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    I found that looking at my own cervix was quite empowering. I have previously looked at other peoples through books or the my beautiful cervix project but seeing my own helped me feel normal, in control, and kind of like a badass (in some weird way). Very cool that you are so excited. :D
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That’s the exact reason I bought some speculums and decided to observe my cervix to aid me in pin pointing ovulation. I’m also using Wondfo opks and observing symptoms and cm. However, I’m still having trouble pin pointing the exact day of ovulation this month. I didn’t start checking my cervix until after I got a positive on the Wondfo opk. I have it narrow down for this month to either cycle day 11 or 12. My cervix was low and closed by cycle day 13 at 4:15p.m. I’m not temping; I know that would help a lot.
    TTC#1-April 2014 BFN
    TTC#2-May 2014 BFN
    TTC#3-March 2015 BFN
    TTC#4-Sept 2015 BFN
    TTC#5-March 2017 ???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have seen the beautiful cervix project and #ruderus. It was something about seeing my own and being able to do it by myself; it was like a sense of accomplishment. I have read of other ladies on the forum doing it on their own with a flashlight and mirror; and I must say I wasn't so confident in my abilities to tackle it alone. I was also concerned with not being able to see my cervix at all. I wasn't able to lock the speculum open, but it wasn't a major hindrance since I used a digital camera instead of a mirror and flashlight. I held the camera with one hand and held the speculum open with the other and took like 50 pics until I got the perfect view.
    TTC#1-April 2014 BFN
    TTC#2-May 2014 BFN
    TTC#3-March 2015 BFN
    TTC#4-Sept 2015 BFN
    TTC#5-March 2017 ???