Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IVI Complete-CHECK

SpermShopperSpermShopper Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My first insemination didn't go as planned. I don’t think anyone’s does, especially the first. First, the 3 ml syringe I used didn't fit all the way in the vial so I spilled some trying to suck it up. There was no way just using the syringe to be able to suck all of it up without air while preventing leakage with a syringe that doesn't fit in the vial. I did attempt to release and try again but it was more trouble and wasteful than helpful. I just left the air in; I did IVI so I'm guessing it’s not a big deal. If there is a next time, hopefully there’s not a next time ;); I’ll purchase some 1 ml syringe. I had been searching for some soft cups so I could just pour it in there but couldn't find any except online and I was afraid they wouldn't come on time. I understand some people have had trouble with spills using that as well; I kind of wanted to have it for backup in case I had trouble with the syringe.

Another thing, last month, I received a positive opk for two days straight. This month, it was positive only for a few hours. Has anyone else received a positive for a couple days one month and then a positive in a different month for just a few hrs?

Details:
Wondfo opks only
ICI vial
3 ml syringe w/needle minus the needle
TTC#1-April 2014 BFN
TTC#2-May 2014 BFN
TTC#3-March 2015 BFN
TTC#4-Sept 2015 BFN
TTC#5-March 2017 ???
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    We always used a tomcat catheter attached to the syringe & sucked every last morsel of sperm out:

http://www.quickmedical.com/images/page/original/wallach-inseminator-catheter-w-syringe.jpg
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    SpermShopperSpermShopper Posts: 33
    edited November -1
    Great idea and thanks for the image! I knew about catheters but since I was steering away from doing an ICI, I had kind of forgotten about it. However, a catheter does make sense to suck up all the swimmers even for IVI, especially after seeing how using just the syringe didn't go so well. I’m definitely going to scope out some catheters for future use. Thanks for the suggestion :).
    TTC#1-April 2014 BFN
    TTC#2-May 2014 BFN
    TTC#3-March 2015 BFN
    TTC#4-Sept 2015 BFN
    TTC#5-March 2017 ???